A thread for when you're missing your partner

HeavenOrHell

Thought it might be nice to have somewhere to go when you're missing your other half, a place to come for hugs and support :)

It's just really hard when you just want to hug them, cuddle up in bed with them, be intimate with them, just spend time with them.

(((((hugs))))) to everyone who needs them :love:

What a lovely idea HOH. Right now, I could do with one of those hugs you're handing out, so thanks for that. :)

Just finished talking on skype to my partner and I'm supposed to be going to sleep while he goes about his day. Ugh, it's horrible to have to 'wave him off' on a damn computer screen and then snuggle down on my lonesome in a big empty bed. :(

What a life!

(((hugs))) back to you HOH.

My BF called from the airport a few hours ago; he's on his way to his home in Calcutta to visit his family. I won't see him for 27 days. I would've seen him this weekend had he not been flying out.

I haven't ever dealt with distance like this before. He's normally an hour's drive away (and so far he's the only one who drives), but it just seems so different when he's on the other side of the world.

Love this idea!!! (((Hugs to all!)))

Tigress - I know it's tough, but at least it's only temporary. Those days will fly by in no time at all! :bunny:

Citizen Erased

It's 80 days until I will see him again. I know we're lucky because we have an end in sight, that's not that much more than the 80 days we have to wait. A lot of people don't have that. But still, it's hard when I don't even have him around on the weekends to skype with, let alone snuggle in bed, have amazing sex, walk over to and kiss him just for being him.

I guess today is one of those days I miss him more than others.

Yeah, I know. My heart aches for people who post in that countdown thread and say "Only 80 more days!" Only?! Sheesh. I would go totally nuts if I ever had to wait that long.

I'm so excited to see him again. I just remember the times when he picks me up from the light rail station on Friday evenings and he has that sexy smirk on his face and he says "Hello" in his accent that makes me want to just...well...you know. ;):laugh: Sigh. :love:

Edit: CE I totally guessed at the number I put in this post and then I saw your above post. Hahaha. You do have a point about there being an end to the distance in sight. While normally BF and I are at a distance people who post in the LDR forum would kill to have, it still sucks, partly because there is no end in sight yet.

Edited by tigressA
Citizen Erased

:laugh: well, I would certainly not count 80 days as "only".

We all have our difficulties. He and I have one of the largest distances between us that is possible but our distance will end about a year after we became official. Others go years and they're a few hours apart.

Yeah, well I guess when the end for us will be known is partially dependent on what happens with his work visa. It expires in early March; he's applying to have it extended but if it's denied then he has to go back. I can imagine if that were to happen we'd make plans to marry, but we'll have been together only 9 months by March. :eek:

Oh I know. :laugh: I wasn't assuming you or anyone else would judge. It's just a little scary, thinking of it. Marriage is the ultimate commitment. But if I were to ever marry anyone it would be him. That's a good sign, I think. :laugh::love:

I have a queen-size bed that I sleep in all alone. I think of him before I go to sleep and when I wake up, how lovely it would be to see him sleeping on the other side. Getting to snuggle up to his warmth and hear him grunt and change positions. Hahaha.

Edited by tigressA

I just saw one of my best friends' status updates on Facebook saying how awesome it was that she got to spend a whole week with her amazing, fantabulous, etc, boyfriend. Didn't need to see that! Argh. :(

skydiveaddict

You should all be thankful that you have someone in your life to miss. (And I know that you all are). Being alone sucks

Citizen Erased
You should all be thankful that you have someone in your life to miss. (And I know that you all are). Being alone sucks

:( you get hugs too (((hugs)))

One thing is for sure, I am very grateful I have that man in my life to make me smile.

Awww, (((((hugs))))) to you too sda.

I know how that feels, having been through a very painful divorce and getting used to being alone again - alone sucks too.

That's probably one of the reasons I manage this living apart thing. It will be nearly 100 days when we finally see each other again but just knowing I have 'him' to look forward to and someone to share my thoughts and feelings with in the meantime does at least make it bearable - I am very thankful for that.

(((((hugs))))) to anybody else feeling lonely too.

skydiveaddict
Awww, (((((hugs))))) to you too sda.

I know how that feels, having been through a very painful divorce and getting used to being alone again - alone sucks too.

That's probably one of the reasons I manage this living apart thing. It will be nearly 100 days when we finally see each other again but just knowing I have 'him' to look forward to and someone to share my thoughts and feelings with in the meantime does at least make it bearable - I am very thankful for that.

(((((hugs))))) to anybody else feeling lonely too.

I hope the 100 days go fast Edited by skydiveaddict
I hope the 100 days go fast

Thanks - already down to 59! Time flies when you're having fun! :eek: (Does that link mean something sda?)

Sunday today - I hate Sundays. Used to be my favourite day when I was happily married. Now, in an LDR, Sunday could be spelt l-o-n-e-l-y ...... ugh! Think I'll take another of those hugs. :(

• Author

Aw :( Hugs for you too, I feel very very lucky and thankful even if LDR's are hard at times.

• Author

I really hated/dreaded Sundays after me and my ex broke up last year, felt it was a day for partners and/or families, I really like them now now though as I often get to skype my partner on Sundays as it's one of his days off.

I hope your day will be ok LT :)

Thanks - already down to 59! Time flies when you're having fun! :eek: (Does that link mean something sda?)

Sunday today - I hate Sundays. Used to be my favourite day when I was happily married. Now, in an LDR, Sunday could be spelt l-o-n-e-l-y ...... ugh! Think I'll take another of those hugs. :(

I got a little private Facebook update from BF earlier this afternoon. He was at the airport waiting for his last connecting flight. Lots of x's and o's...really sweet, and they made me want real hugs and kisses. :love:

I thought of a perfect welcome-back gift for him. He's a very talented photographer but doesn't have any prints/frames, so I'm going to find out what his favorite self-taken still-life is and have it developed on an 11x14 canvas. I'm also going to have some pics of us with his friends from a weekend we spent together last month made into a collage print and framed. :)

I got a little private Facebook update from BF earlier this afternoon. He was at the airport waiting for his last connecting flight. Lots of x's and o's...really sweet, and they made me want real hugs and kisses. :love:

I thought of a perfect welcome-back gift for him. He's a very talented photographer but doesn't have any prints/frames, so I'm going to find out what his favorite self-taken still-life is and have it developed on an 11x14 canvas. I'm also going to have some pics of us with his friends from a weekend we spent together last month made into a collage print and framed. :)

Aww tigress that's a very sweet idea. :love: I'm sure he'll love it.

I'm surprising my boyfriend with some Godiva chocolate coloured pretzels for when I see him again next week. He's never had their chocolate and he loves different types of pretzels and other random party snacks, so I'm hoping he will like them.

skydiveaddict

(((Hugs))) 59 days is long, but you can do it. As for the link, it's just a song I like, kinda describes how I'm feeling right now

I guess that is one way to look at it. Honestly, sometimes I feel more alone when in an LDR than when I was actually single.

Being in an LDR is hard on me.

skydiveaddict
I guess that is one way to look at it. Honestly, sometimes I feel more alone when in an LDR than when I was actually single.

Being in an LDR is hard on me.

I can understand what you are feeling, it is difficult. But I would trade it for being single in a heartbeat. I'm just tired of it.