The Penny and her snuggie

Welp, time to stake for my claim for space in this forum. I'm happy/melancholic to be here. In a new relationship and am feeling/hearing the time ticking down to when my snuggie will be flying out for a 3-week vacation, coming back for another year in school (post-bach studies), then he and I will have to go from there...

Because we'll be 3 hours apart from each other. I know, I know others have it worse, but I really don't care much for comparisons: people are given and deal with different dilemmas, right?

It's 3:30 PDT and I'm still awake because this is the week he'll be leaving. LDR commences the moment he flies out from good ol' CA and home to HI. And I will miss him and I will probably go through the textbook cases of a newbie to LDR. Not that I'm saying that there's a formula to the entire thing, of course.

Will be waking up in three hours (study time still during summer? you bet!) and coffee will be my friend. My confessions to thinking too much about it is in this thread under the "Personal Rants and Confessions" subforum.

Thank you for your time. :bunny:

• Author

He flies out tomorrow and the sad thoughts I've kept at bay are starting to creep in.

I don't know where all of you managed to find the endurance to deal.

After 3 weeks, if I'm reading her post correctly.

Penny, if I were you, I'd just take some 'me-time' and do the things that you don't have so much time to do when he is around. He'll be back for an entire year after the 3 weeks, for heavens' sakes. :)

Spiritofnow

Thanks, Elswyth :) 3 weeks to a veteran LDR'er really isn't a big deal at all, but I am sure outside of that dynamic it can feel like a long time to be without your bf, full of unknowns and what if's. I agree with Elswyth--use the time you have productively. Perhaps, try to timetable some things in that you don't usually get the time to do just for you. I am sure everything will be just fine ;)

Edited by Spiritofnow
  • Author
When will you see each other again?

Um... I'm not even sure, because although he comes back after 3 weeks, schoolyear's going to kick off, and we're both going to be busy. :) Me just trying to get my stuff together to get into a pharmacy school, him with his master's, etc.

Oh, I wish I could see him as soon as he gets back.

Penny, if I were you, I'd just take some 'me-time' and do the things that you don't have so much time to do when he is around. He'll be back for an entire year after the 3 weeks, for heavens' sakes. :)

Lol Yeah... I feel a little silly after having read my post. It's my first LDR and I've only heard others' perspectives on it, both the good and the bad. I tried to weigh the pros and cons of staying together, keeping in mind our situation and circumstances. I definitely need LS' wisdom on how to keep my head straight and navigate through this, when it's the kind of relationship that's much easier to choose to give in to fears and worries and leave rather than working through the issues together and staying.

Thank you. :o

Thanks, Elswyth :) 3 weeks to a veteran LDR'er really isn't a big deal at all, but I am sure outside of that dynamic it can feel like a long time to be without your bf, full of unknowns and what if's.

Lol Veteran! I love it! Yeah, I mean no two LDR experiences are exactly the same and when we started dating, knowing already that the relationship will become an LDR, we talked about how it will become an LDR and if it's something we'd consider for each other. He's been in one before and I didn't want to be dismissive or undermine his experience w/ it, but I reminded him that he was in a different phase in his life at the time, the Snuggie then isn't quite the same Snuggie I know now, and most importantly, the only thing I have in common with his ex is that we're both female. Otherwise, we could just stop dating right away before things got too serious and a break-up would be harder for both of us.

I agree with Elswyth--use the time you have productively. Perhaps, try to timetable some things in that you don't usually get the time to do just for you. I am sure everything will be just fine ;)

Thank you so much.. I'll definitely keep updating my thread when I feel I'm being irrational or making a big deal out of nothing. LDR or not, that's a problem every couple faces, right? Except LDR comes with unique issues.

Edited by 0hpenelope