i just dont know

well me and this guy talk on the phone we both like each other but we never have anything to talk about then he gets mad and says "are we going to talk" but i never know what to talk about.

i want thing to work out with us and i don't want him to be turned off because i don't know what to say. oh yeah and i might add that (were both shy especially him) so that doesn't make it any better. can you please help and give some things to talk about.

Hi there, I understand your discomfort all too well!! I am pretty quiet myself in the beginning of getting to know someone so unless the guy isn't outgoing, I have had my share of awkward silences, believe me. But I have learned that the best way to go at first is well, ask him lots of friendly questions to get the ball rolling. Then usually things work out naturally from there. So here's a few of my personal tactics. tee hee.

Hmm, let's see. If you haven't done so already, how about the safe topic of movies and music?

-"What kind of music do you enjoy? I myself enjoy this this and that, etc...have you heard of this group/song? blah de blah"

-"Have you checked out those new movies that are out these days? I heard this , that, etc is really good. Have you seen it?"

or "So and so is a great actor, actress, don't you think? In that movie, when he/she...etc etc."

Usually a conversation gets going just from there, and you have no idea what else you end up learning from that person too!

Hobbies/interests/sports?

-"What do you like to do when you're free?" ( And if he doesn't really have much to say, then tell him what you like to do.)

-And if he likes sports, then ask him about that too. If basketball, "hey I heard (name) won over (another team) the other day. DIdn't know they would do so well, etc..what team do you like?"

And yes this sounds boring, but if you are both in school, well, talk about school!

-"What classes are you taking? What's your favorite subject? My favorite is..."

-"I do this and that at school, are there any cool activities you do?" (talk about activities you do, clubs you are in, anything! And if you are not in any, just talk about ones you know about!)

That's about all I have time for for now, I am sure there are more things to talk about...

More than anything, I think people feel very at ease and happy when you ask things about them, it's great to be able to share stuff about you to someone when they ask.

AND, and don't even think about whether you may be turning him on or off in your worries, that comes across to the person and makes things even more awkward! Chin up, confidence, and just talk~ And if it still feels like you are talking to a wall, well, that's not your problem! ;) good luck to you.

Talk about movies, books, tv shows, music, school whatever. Once you get to know him better, then the shyness will go away. After that, you guys can talk about how your day went and complain about this and that.