What are we gonna do

luckychuckie

I am a man 55 years old . When I was 12 my Mom sent me to stay with my Aunt & Uncle , who , had a farm 130 miles from where we lived , for Summer break . My Aunt had a Niece who was 10 at the time , who I got to see a few times during the summer ,for about 3 years in a row . We were attracted to eachother immediately and it stayed that way . Until one year I wasn't sent to the farm anymore .We wrote a few letters ,but decided it just wasn't going to work out , being minors .

After I turned 17 I joined the Navy . Following Basic Training , I was transferred to Key West , Fl. I wrote to her and she was excited to hear from me , and replied with a very nice letter . But, my next letter went unanswered . We both know now , the parents kept us seperated .

After all these years , and three marriages , I wanted to find her to see how she was doing . I called and spoke with her Husband who was very nice and told me that she was at work , but that he would have her call me .

She called and wanted to see me .She said her Husband is 67 and she has been married 29 years . But she is not Happy with this marriage ,but , she just accepted that this was what her life was supposed to be . He is unable to perform , for one thing ,and in general , she is just another part of the house , in passing by , goes unnoticed . We have been together six times in three months for conversation . We are in love with eachother , but not sure what to do , or how to do it . When she says to me , " What are we going to do ? " I suggest that she talked with an attorney . But , one problem is , her grandson of 11 has lived with her since he was 3 , and she is trying to get him back to his Mother . Another problem is , she loves her husband , but not in love with him . We know that , this will hurt some people if we get together , but , we wanted to be together when we were teens , and our parents wouldn't let us .

Also , that 130 miles still seperates us , and that is still a problem , but I can relocate now . I'm retired . She has told me , that she wants to be with me . And I with her .

We are just not sure what steps to take and when to take them . Can I get some advice from the staff or other members ? I'm sorry , I forgot to mention , she always has put everyone elses needs before hers . But she's working on that . I know habits are hard to break , and that may be a part of what's slowing us down . But I'm willing to wait .

Thank you in advance , for any help !

Luckychuckie

I think you're making a major assumption that a relationship between the two of you will work. Making a decision like that after a number of phone calls and a little contact is not very wise.

Before the two of you start dating in person to see if this is something that will work long term, I suggest this old lady friend divorce her husband so she is free to make a move. Once all the emotional and legal garbage is over with, that would be the time to explore things.

I personally think you're making a major mistake by thinking you were meant to be with a lady who is obviously vulnerable and in a loveless, boring marriage. She's probably go for just about anybody who called on the phone.

I think it was very nice of her husband to relay your message to her. I don't think it's very nice of you to carry on behind his back.

Take the high road and have her become free before you take this further.