I need some advice on a girl I've met. I met her in class last semester (we go to school together). About a week before the semester was over, I asked her on a dinner-date, although I had never really talked to her outside of class. She accepted, and we had a good time. We went later that week to a coffee house to hang out for a while, adn then I left the next day. She allowed me to email and call over Christmas break (she is from northern New York adn I from southern PA). And then she went to Europe for a study abroad program in the spring semester.

Before she left, she asked me what was up, so i told her I liked her and was interested in getting to know her better, but I did not expect any commitment b/c we did not know each other that much yet. We kept in touch with mostly emails and some letters over the semester, and i sent her a valentine's card which she thanked me for. When she got back, she seemed excited to see me, and we got to catch up for a little before I went home for the summer.

But my problem is now that I called her a couple days ago and just found it challenging to keep a conversation going. We only talked for like 20 minutes, and although I got permission to call her again, I just don't feel like it went so well b/c i ran out of stuff to talk about. Are there any suggestions? I mean, I really enjoy this girl and like her, but she will be working 18 hours a day at a camp from June until school starts again, so I feel like I need to be able to talk to her more than we do over the phone, but I run out of stuff to talk about. I'm just confused as to what she is thinking and feeling too. Any suggestions?

Don't call her to often and before each call prepare an outline of topics you can talk about. Give it some thought and prepare the outline so you can keep things going. Work off the outline...plus interact a lot with what she says...react to her comments. Between your outline and your replies to what she has to say, things should flow just fine.

Also, people love to be asked questions about themselves. Think of questions, not too personal, that you can ask her...about her interests, hobbies, favorite music, etc.

If you have to work so hard at talking to this lady, she may not be the person for you.

Also, always end the conversation first. Don't talk to her too long. Always leave them wanting more.

"always end the conversation first. Don't talk to her too long. Always leave them wanting more."

-Tony

First off, Tony, I know you are not that stupid! Women don't always want to be left "wanting more". That would be like me giving a guy a blow job and right before he is about to blow his wad, I stop abruptly and walk out the door!

Taking that approach would just be telling that woman that she is not worth your time and that you have better things to do. But everything else that Tony said is dead on, so take his advice (all except for the last line), and you should do well!

-Haley