Living together after LD

To be honest, this is the first time I've been so thrilled to ask for advice here. :)

A quick update to those of you who've been following my story (which reminds me myself of an unfortunate Lemony Snicket yarn): After jumping through lots and lots of hoops, we've sort-of made it - we'll be together for at least 2 months at the end of the year, assuming he passes his finals. After all the obstacles we've been through, I am completely THRILLED that there's only one condition left to fulfil before we can have our much-needed time at the end of the year.

Now, while I am, did I mention, thrilled - I realize that it won't all be roses and fairies, living in the same room for 2 months after having been LD. We've never lived together for an extended period of time before - it was usually for a couple of weeks here and there, during our holidays. This time, both of us will be working on a pretty hectic schedule throughout most of our time together, and we'll be quite stressed out, I'd imagine. Also, he has to live in my room all of the time - we can't really afford to rent another for him - and the rest of the house is occupied by other people.

While I am still thrilled, again, I'd love to have some advice on how to go from LD to roommates without screwing stuff out. I'd like to know what the biggest pitfalls are from those who've done it, and how to circumnavigate them.

Thanks, and wheee! :D

OMG OMG OMG!!

I am over the moon right now for you Elswyth!

All we did was had a talk about the fact that both of us are aware we love each other BUT there is two different lifestyles, habits, cultures, etc. that are getting meshed together. And there could understandably be some negotiations and lack of comfort along with the process.

Honestly - it was far too simple. Things worked themselves out and we each were willing to give, etc.

Two months will simply be heaven. You will be blissful and habits etc won't bother you at that point. It is going to fly by so MY cautionary words are do all you can to enjoy each other to the very fullest.

If that isn't helpful I hope the other posters can chime in with their input because that's all I've got! ;)

I could not be happier for you both! I know how amazing this news is for you!

• Author

Thank you so much, IG! :)

Yes, I'll certainly do my best to 'enjoy' him, shouldn't be too hard! ;) For now, I'm also telling myself that realizing things won't be perfect, and not expecting them to be, will be the first step. Because, to be honest, the rest of the visits were just that - perfect.

Thank you so much, IG! :)

Yes, I'll certainly do my best to 'enjoy' him, shouldn't be too hard! ;) For now, I'm also telling myself that realizing things won't be perfect, and not expecting them to be, will be the first step. Because, to be honest, the rest of the visits were just that - perfect.

I thought just like you -- that everything was too perfect up to then and living together was going to cause a shoe to drop so to speak.

That didn't happen. He get up early and straighten up the house. I'd sleep in true to form.

He'd putter around doing yard work and I'd watch movies and do reports, etc.

We'd go out or he'd cook. We spent time at my best friend's houses and my friends and, most especially, their hubbys just adored him.

It was fabulous. Every single minute I had him was fabulous and it has been the same every time no matter how long the wait between visits, etc.

Now that is not to say he doesn't have his moments. I am experiencing one of those now. But they are few and far between and I have only seen that side during extreme circumstances.

I really just know it will be wonderful and perfect. Just like every visit -- you just get MORE this time! :bunny::bunny::bunny: