A sorta long distant relationship that now broke?

thebigrabbit14

Anyway Short story short. Ive known this girl for over 5 years never really hung out until last weekend when she invited me to her dorm in upstate ny. Granted im from boston so this is like a 360 mile trip and should take over 6 hours which it took around that much to get there. Anyway so weekend is cool, have sex etc etc. We go to this party and i leave monday at 12 in the morning. So we go back and forth texting. Yesterday she was having a bad day etc etc. I didnt get her texts that she sent at 730 until about 10 since i have sprint and they suck. Well when i relied she pretty much told me off. She doesnt want a casual sex relationship or even a relationship so i was like okay????? And that im a selfish bastard. Which for a second i chuckled but wow. I said thats nice and why do you think that but no response since last night. Anyways i do remeber her telling me she is bipolar so i figure shes in a mood swing? Idk i havent tried texting her today nor do i want to risk it. I mean it wouldnt be pratical anyway to have this long distant relationship but i mean i could go up weekend etc cause the kind of job i have gives me a lot of flexible time. Any thoughts?

Well not contacting her can mean the end of it all. If there is no communication then there is no relationship at all, right?

More than likely she had a bad day, contacted you for support, and then felt you weren't caring or supportive and that she was being ignored because of the delay in your response. -- Yet ANOTHER problem with using text as contact in relationships. (UGH :mad::rolleyes:)

You could wait for her to contact you - banking on her realizing she responded out of irrational emotions and wanting to rectify the situation.

You've known her for 5 years so you should know very well how she is and what is the best move at this point.

If you want to pursue the relationship I'd think you should make an effort to explain you understand she was having a really bad time of it but that there was delay in getting her texts (and I'd make it known text is NOT the form of communication that is best but a call is so much better).

If she is bi-polar, is she on meds? They can make a huge difference in leveling her out and keeping her emotional reaction responses in check.

I am mostly surprised that you have had 5 years of getting to know each other and then something like this happens and completely throws you -- but I suppose since it was your first meeting that could be the cause. :confused:

Good luck.

• Author
thebigrabbit14

yea well ive been talking to her on and off i never meet her till this weekend. she is on meds she did have a really bad day yesterday and then when i got her texts i replied but guess that didnt work. shes in class so ill wait till tonight to call her unless she texts back. who knows

yea well ive been talking to her on and off i never meet her till this weekend. she is on meds she did have a really bad day yesterday and then when i got her texts i replied but guess that didnt work. shes in class so ill wait till tonight to call her unless she texts back. who knows

The only thing you can do is try when you know she has an opportunity to talk - and I'd call not text -- and leave a detailed message if you get VM. That is really all you can do.