How often do you see him/her? (sorry if it's been asked recently!!)

Just wondering what the average is in terms of visits. How often do you go visit your SO/ how often does your SO visit you? Do you think more frequent visits=more satisfaction with your LDR or not?

Thanks! :)

Island Girl

2 visits in 6 years 8 months.

1st visit 1 week

2nd visit 3 weeks

So I guess the average is a visit every 3 years and 4 months.

Love him.

Absolutely together in every sense except physically.

Satisfied? NO. :mad:

And I will not be until we are together.

My visits are about every 2-3 months, so far only long weekends (3-4 days). July I will have him for an entire week (SQUEE!).

And the visits are only mildly satisfying. Neither of us will be happy until we can wake up next to each other every day for the rest of our lives.

Lovin a scrapper

I have been serious in my LDR since July of last year. I went to visit her in October (4 days) and then again in January (4 days). She came here last month (4 days) and she will be back in July (16 days). Ill be moved there with her by October and then thats when we will be truly satisfied.

Dont get me wrong, I love the visits and cherish every minute with her but as Kiki said.... we wont be truly happy until we go to sleep and wake up in each others arms everyday forever. ( sorry Kiki, I could not think of anything better than what you wrote)

Also Kiki, our LDR's almost mirror each others. lol

LonelyTiger

We've been apart since last August and have seen each other every 3 or 4 months. That's probably going to be the pattern for the next two years.

Two weeks at Christmas, two weeks at Easter and we'll get nearly two months in the Summer :bunny:.

He does all the travelling, for practical reasons (he comes home), though I may go out for a visit some time next year.

I think as many visits as possible is the answer to coping with LDRs although I'm not sure that any number would actually 'satisfy' me.

Just looking forward (all the time) to the last (permanent) visit in June 2011 - if it all works out as planned. Fingers crossed! :)

Also Kiki, our LDR's almost mirror each others. lol

Wow, seriously!

My fiance and I generally see each other every 3-4 months. Shortest time apart, probably 2 1/2 months, longest 4 months. I'd say we're pretty lucky seeing as how I live in Canada and he in the UK. Usually visits are 10 days-2 weeks. But I went over last December and stayed for 3 months. That'll be the only time we'll have a visit that long.

As far as our visits being satisfying. Well they are for that moment, but soon replaced by the mundane life that is an LDR. As someone said before on here--being in an LDR is just surviving....it's not living! We'll only be truly happy when we're together finally.

My girlfriend is an archeologist, so shes on the road alot during the summer months. After two years since starting her long distance jobs, we basically figured we need to see eachother once a month to keep us both from going insane, and to get laid :love: In the meantime, i'm still trying to figure myself out and she likes to travel, so for the time being, the time apart works for us, but it is hard at times.