Meeting him for the first time.

I'm so glad I found this forum because I know no one will understand me more than you guys.

I met my boyfriend in a gaming site probably 4 years ago but it wasn't till summer 2007 that we started to get to know eachother. When I least expected it I was already in love with him. We've got so closse to each other it's not even funny. We're finally meeting in a month and 1 day and I'm going crazy.

I live in Montreal, CA and he lives in Michigan. I'm actually the one going over there and I guess I'm a bit scared or I don't know if it's just me being nervous. I sometimes wonder what if it doesn't work out? But I just think of how much we love each other and I know that's not going to happen. I just wanted to know how you guys felt before meeting him/her for the first time?

Don't get me wrong, I love him more than anything in this world, I trust him and I'm more than excited to go there, that's exactly why it's weird that now all of the sudden I'm feeeling so nervous and scared ):

Island Girl

WELCOME!!!

There is a "meeting up for the first time" thread going on that you may want to read:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t186735/

Your fears are normal. Everyone has had them from what I can gather -- for those people who met online.

You guys have certainly known each other an awfully long time for this to be a first meeting!

I don't know how you waited so long!

I wish I could chime in with some more advice but I knew my husband before we went LD. So I don't have any experience in this department.

But I wish you the very best and LOVE!!!

Let the sparks fly!

Lovin a scrapper
I'm so glad I found this forum because I know no one will understand me more than you guys.

I met my boyfriend in a gaming site probably 4 years ago but it wasn't till summer 2007 that we started to get to know eachother. When I least expected it I was already in love with him. We've got so closse to each other it's not even funny. We're finally meeting in a month and 1 day and I'm going crazy.

I live in Montreal, CA and he lives in Michigan. I'm actually the one going over there and I guess I'm a bit scared or I don't know if it's just me being nervous. I sometimes wonder what if it doesn't work out? But I just think of how much we love each other and I know that's not going to happen. I just wanted to know how you guys felt before meeting him/her for the first time?

Don't get me wrong, I love him more than anything in this world, I trust him and I'm more than excited to go there, that's exactly why it's weird that now all of the sudden I'm feeeling so nervous and scared ):

The first time for me to meet and spend time with my beautiful bride to be was a nervous and scary time for me and we didnt even meet online but it was our first extended time together. (I met her at an Olive Garden restaurant in Missouri. Im from Oklahoma and her Oregon and it was for 10 minutes tops. She was there on vacation with her mother and I was there for a job interview. Never saw her before that.)

Everything was awesome and we clicked right from the start. All of the communication with text messages and phone calls had paid off because we both ended up so comfortable with each other it was like we had known each other all of our lives.

Now..... Im planning a move there in October and we are planning our wedding in September of 2010 so you never know! If you love each other like you say, there shouldnt be anything to worry about.

Take care and best wishes.

• Author

Aww you guysss thanks for the replies & thanks for the link Island Girl!!

You guys have certainly known each other an awfully long time for this to be a first meeting!

I don't know how you waited so long!

About that yeah.. well we're still really young. We're both 18 at the moment and I'll be 19 in less than ten days. But we're really serious about this. Maybe when we first met (online) I never thought it would turn into this I never thought I would be paying to go meet him but now eveything is so different.

Last summer he was going to come here but in the end he couldn't. And to be honest I don't know if I was ready back then. Now the time just seems perfect. Even though I might say I'm scared and nervous, I feel ready and can't wait anymore. I dream about it pretty much every night and I think about it every moment. It's just crazy, God I love him so much. ^.^

Thank you guys for being so nice and good luck to you both! Hope everything turns out just fine!

From my experience it's amazing. You should look forward to it. You know how it's going to go already. Why will it be any different? :)

• Author

Haha, you're totally right!! I guess maybe I'm a bit nervous because I'm the one going there, whole different world for me, not just meeting him but his entire family!

I'm planning on staying there for 3 weeks.. Do you guys thinks it's way too much for the first visit? It's a good thing I have an open ticket and I can come back home before if I want to, I'm sure that won't happen though.

I think you're brave to go for three weeks for your first time.

From my ex's perspective, she said that she was totally comfortable with me instantly and the first time we had sex too.

I on the other hand was nervous as hell around her. She was kissing me almost right away, but in reality I had never met this person before!! I loved the fact that she did that though. It just made me a little awkward but that went away after about 2 seconds.

I would have said a weekend would have been better the first few times, but that's just me personally. If you're comfortable with it then that's fine. I just like taking things slow and steady. ;)

But yeah don't take any awkwardness personally, it just might take one of you slightly longer than the other to adjust. I think I hurt my ex for a a bit when I was resisting her kisses subtly, till she grabbed a hold of my face and snogged it off. :lmao:

• Author

WoW? Haha just so you know that wasn't the gaming site we met eachother on. But he has a laptop and I'm bringing mine, lol.

And yeah I have NO IDEA if 3 weeks is a really long time or not. At this point it just comes down to how long we've been apart from eachother [ more than a year and a half ] and not knowing when is the next time we'll eachother. We're both starting college in September so who knows. I just want to be with him for as long as I can :(

And yeah I have NO IDEA if 3 weeks is a really long time or not. At this point it just comes down to how long we've been apart from eachother [ more than a year and a half ] and not knowing when is the next time we'll eachother. We're both starting college in September so who knows. I just want to be with him for as long as I can :(

Heh :D I just signed up because I wanted to reply here.

(Please excuse any grammar/word choice mistakes :/ I'm German)

I got to know my former boyfriend, who I was together with for about 1,5 years, at an online browser game. I have to admit - the relationship went really bad but I only realized it after I ended it. We met after 8 months of being together and I was - just like you - super nervous and had the same fear about whether he will like me and blabla. In the end our first date was okay, I didn't talk much though.

It is a bit weird to arrive somewhere new and see someone you only know from pictures or camming and then you have to "transfer" your feelings in like 1 second from the guy in your head to the guy right in front of you. It 's weird but you have to think something like "This is the guy I love and I will try to be normal blablabla". For me it was very hard to transfer the feelings to my former boyfriend, for one thing he didn't look that good (I got pictures of him 1 day before we met) and for another thing there was his neighbour around us and we didn't have much bodycontact from the beginning. He didn't live far away but we met like 4 times between August and December and our first kiss was in December. bla.

My current boyfriend (hopefully future husband ;D) lives in Denmark (while I live in the North of Germany) and we met through a friend, on the internet. He is a completely different person but could only meet 4 months after we started being "together".

What I think is recommendable for first meetings with a boyfriend/girlfriend is to talk about the date a lot. I always pointed out towards him that I am shy and unconfident and that I wouldn't talk much during the first hours or days. Especially because we communicate in English and I never practiced talking in English that much.

Moreover, I kinda forced him to hug me when I get off the train and to hold my hand on our way to his home. I can tell you, it was the best idea ever, we didn't really talk but holding hands is not too much for the first minutes and we came a lot closer to each other.

If your boyfriend told his family that you will live at their place for 3 weeks it should be okay for all of you. I hope that his family is nice and kind and everything :D That makes everything much easier.

In my opinion 3 weeks are very long, we met for about a week for the first time, but that was because the holidays weren't long enough and we both were a bit scared about how it would work and everything.. But still, you will have to get to know each other again from the beginning and one week is perfect for that, if you have a nice time you should stay at least one week longer. I heard of people who met online (not just gf/bf but also normal friends) who said they ticked off each other after 10 days or 2 weeks. I mean there are people who can stay together forever, but you have to keep in mind that you will be with him 24/7 and that for 3 weeks. Time for you alone is very rare. It depends on how much privacy you need..

Blah, I'm talking too much.

I know I definitely was nervous!

He was the one who came to my place and there were some transport hang-ups so I had to wait for him for a while. Damn, was my heart thumping in my chest then!

My first meeting wasn't awkward, but admittedly he was the one breaking all the ice. It didn't turn out exactly as how I'd imagined and planned, but it was still SUPERB!

I hope it all goes well for you, OP. :)

• Author

If your boyfriend told his family that you will live at their place for 3 weeks it should be okay for all of you. I hope that his family is nice and kind and everything :D That makes everything much easier.

Yep, of course they know and even though my parents trust me, my dad is probably going to talk with my bf's dad to make sure I'm going to be okay. I've never talked to his parents which makes me even more nervous but they seem pretty nice.

I heard of people who met online (not just gf/bf but also normal friends) who said they ticked off each other after 10 days or 2 weeks. I mean there are people who can stay together forever, but you have to keep in mind that you will be with him 24/7 and that for 3 weeks. Time for you alone is very rare. It depends on how much privacy you need..

Well yeah I've been thinking about this a lot and I think for us, 3 weeks is just perfect. Plus, he plays soccer and he has soccer practices every week, so while he's over there I'll have a bit of time for myself. (:

My first meeting wasn't awkward, but admittedly he was the one breaking all the ice. It didn't turn out exactly as how I'd imagined and planned, but it was still SUPERB!

GOD! Even though everytime we talk on the phone about.. how we just want to lay down talking and cuddle all the time, how we won't be able to take our hands off eachother.. I know in the begging it's going to be real hard. I told him when he sees me at the airport he might want to come to me because I'm going to be way to shocked to move. :o

GOD! Even though everytime we talk on the phone about.. how we just want to lay down talking and cuddle all the time, how we won't be able to take our hands off eachother.. I know in the begging it's going to be real hard. I told him when he sees me at the airport he might want to come to me because I'm going to be way to shocked to move. :o

Ahahah, yes it's really hard to start moving into his direction when you came off the train / plane.. My boyfriend hid behind a little house and I had to search for him. He was too nervous and shocked as well :D

It's good that he will go to soccer practices.. even though you might think now that you will be happy having time for yourself, you will probably end up missing him and waiting for him to come back. Or you will send mails to all of your friends and tell them what you did ;D

Ahw I'm getting excited too..

JoeMacsTapper

I met my online bf for the first time last August. I took a grey hound from Chicago to Toronto, fun stuff ._.

The whole 16 hours it took to get there, I was literally bouncing in my seat. I saw him for the first time from the bus window. I literally jumped up and down, started banging on the window yelling, "THERE HE IS! ZOMG!!" I'm sure everyone thought I was insane O_O

But I was very excited. We spent a week together. It was the best decision I've ever made, and I hope you feel the same way after your meeting ^__^

Country_Girl

Your situation is sooo eerily similar to mine with my current bf. We met through a game 4 yrs ago(not wow either) but really didn't get close till a year and a half ago. I live in Michigan, and he lives in Calgary, Alberta. Never really expected much to come of it given the distance, plus dealing with the international travel, ect. We decided to meet up last August, but we went to Florida (wanted to make a vacation out of it, plus I have a sibling & cousin we could stay with- to make it cheaper).

Anyhow, we had 2 weeks together & it was so awesome. I too, was worried if we were going to drive each other nuts after so many days, but it worked out perfect. Wasn't too little, wasn't too much. I think it's also important to keep on your mind, it could be months before you guys see each other again- so make the most of it, don't let anything get in between.

I wasn't nervous at all, until he texted me saying the plane landed. I was so freaked! Even though we exchanged 100s of pics I was worried I wouldn't recognize him right away and look like an idiot. So I pretended to fiddle on my phone till he noticed me! :-)

I would suggest 2 weeks. I know you want to spend as much time as you can, but I know from past relationships you can only spend so much time together 24/7 before you start having petty arguments.

Good luck with the trip, so awesome to find someone with such a similar situation!

• Author

Wow haha that's weirddd!! Just wondering & if you don't mind saying... What city do you live in?

It's fine if you don't want to answer but I just want to to know how close you are from him. :p

• Author

Hah! I talked to Kyle (my bf) about it and he said that's where he has to go for soccer practice every week! o.O

• Author

I haven't met him yet!! I'll be there in 16 days. If you want to I'll post here once I'm there, to tell you guys how eveything's going. (:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Sooo i got here yesterday and it was amazingg, I don't even know how to describe it but at the same time I'm sure you guys know what I mean. I love him so much last night was perfect we didn't stop cuddling & kissing and this morning he woke me up whispering into my ear "Good morning baby" He's amazing.

Island Girl

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!

And the way he woke you up! SEXY!! :cool:

Congrats!!