To avoid phone costs, and when its too hot for forum posting

I hope i dont get in trouble by the site, but a program called Teamspeak is a free, voice, and tryping program that works great for talking to other people.

Most people do use it for games, but I have found that in a long distance, when money is tight especially, that a one time purchase of a microphone, or headset, is much easier than the cost of phone cards, and other long distance communication items.

Its free to use, and get. With a decent connection it has pretty good quality. I used to run it with a 24k dial up connection effectively, if not of best quality on that though. So, even with a poor connection, it will work. The obvious downside, only useable if you have an internet connection, but it seems that alot of LDR nowadays are created by that access.

It could also help this site, for if a couple people get hot into posting on a thread, you can tell them the ip address, (its all in the directions and help for Teamspeak) and then make a temporary room to talk in with em.

I would have loved to use it in my LDR, but she could not afford a mic, and I cant afford to send her one, or the money for one. Hope it helps open up the communication between yall, and save a little money in yer pockets. Cause that can lead to more physical time together as well.

• Author

Spirit Airlines offers great ticket prices sometimes. Here is the best advantage. They offer far in advance preload tickets at insane prices. My parents flew down to Florida once, and signed up to be notified of thier offers. Had some things come through from Chicago to Honolulu at $16. round trip. The best use I can think of checking the offers, is that it may not happen when people are planning on going, for those that are lucky enough to see thier other month to month, or so. The good thing, usually the offer comes in a month or two before the actual flight, so it gives alot of time to prepare for an off schedule coming, or, for those that cant afford to visit, but rarely, if at all. Also, when it finally comes time to leave, if things just couldnt be worked to where it would be good, ie work, then its a small loss on cancellation, but a big one in disappointment.

Just trying to spread the knowledge of ways for people to get together either more often, or that first time. Hope this helps.

HEY!!! if any of yall have good ideas on ways to save money, or just better ways to see that special person, post em up. Even ideas for people that drive, like reducing weight, or good car rental places. Helps spread the love. heh, literally i guess.

Island Girl

Awwwwwwwwww you are SO sweet. Thinking about others all the time right?

*touched*

Nic - I use ventrilo and teamspeak for gaming, but skype is MUCH better quality and also free (LDR likes it much better because he can actually hear me breathing ;)... give that one a try!

Will check out spirit airlines though!