longdistance love

I have found my first-love on the internet. We have been talking everyday, and night now for 1 month. We are so compatible with everything in life. We are getting really close. However, there is one problem. We live 1800 miles away from each other. I had moved 12 years ago. The problem:

Each day we talk we are falling in love with each other. He has a good job and so do I. I have two teenage children 17 & 19 who have made their life here. I would move if it weren't for my children. But I was wondering, is it "okay" for a parent to move to another state?? Of coarse I would wait until my youngest turned 18. Should I stop this relationship before it gets deeper? I am flying to see him in June. I already have the tickets. What should I do???

Once your kids are out of the house, they will be off and away making a life for themselves and you can easily talk on the phone. Usually, at least for some years, once kids are away from the nest they return for such things as doing their laundry, having their clothes mended and making long distance calls.

Proceed with your love interest and put your kids on notice that when you're ready to go, they are out the door. Not only will this free you for a nice relationship but it will make your children stronger and more able to face the rigors of life without you there to catch them everytime they have a little fall.

You are only obligated to them until they are 18 and I absolutely promise you that if your kids were in your shoes, they would follow cupid with all their energy.

No, don't stop the relationship.

See if you like him when you go to meet him first. If its magic for you make sure you find out exactly if its magic for him too. Then make sure you both have the same vision of how you want your relationship to go on from there in the future.

If they are the same good luck. If you find they are not the same let go fast-completely. But make sure you know exactly where you, he and your future relationship stands.

After all that, you can make all your decisions about where to live. You can cross that bridge when you come to it.

I'm speaking from experience here. I had a girl that seemed perfect on the internet. I did go see her, dated her for a month, after talking on the internet for a long time. The first month was perfect! The next month she changed drastically, only to find she had a ex-boyfriend that she went back with, and got rid of me. Besides that she stole my parents credit card, and most likely stole from me too.

You never truly know someone from the Internet, and there is no one you can ask about them. It MAY seem perfect now, but just you wait. There is always something that this person has not told you, and it may take a while for that thing to come up, but it will.

BE CAREFUL

Remember, you are flying into HIS TERRITORY, it's his domain. Just be careful about this all.

I have found my first-love on the internet. We have been talking everyday, and night now for 1 month. We are so compatible with everything in life. We are getting really close. However, there is one problem. We live 1800 miles away from each other. I had moved 12 years ago. The problem: Each day we talk we are falling in love with each other. He has a good job and so do I. I have two teenage children 17 & 19 who have made their life here. I would move if it weren't for my children. But I was wondering, is it "okay" for a parent to move to another state?? Of coarse I would wait until my youngest turned 18. Should I stop this relationship before it gets deeper? I am flying to see him in June. I already have the tickets. What should I do???

Have you met this man? Sometimes the fantasy is better than the reality. Beware of strangers bearing gifts. Be careful.

Once your kids are out of the house, they will be off and away making a life for themselves and you can easily talk on the phone. Usually, at least for some years, once kids are away from the nest they return for such things as doing their laundry, having their clothes mended and making long distance calls. Proceed with your love interest and put your kids on notice that when you're ready to go, they are out the door. Not only will this free you for a nice relationship but it will make your children stronger and more able to face the rigors of life without you there to catch them everytime they have a little fall. You are only obligated to them until they are 18 and I absolutely promise you that if your kids were in your shoes, they would follow cupid with all their energy. No, don't stop the relationship.
  • 2 weeks later...

I also met the love of my life on the internet. In September, we will have been together for two years. We see each other once a month.... I either fly there or he flies here, or sometimes we drive when we can be together for more than a weekend.

He's the most wonderful man I've ever met and treats me wonderful! The problem is he lives 800 miles away. He has a good job where he's at and wants me to come there and marry him. He loves my children and doesn't have any of his own.

I want to be with him so badly but my kids are real close with my family here..... my siblings and my mother. My father passed away a year ago and they don't want to leave my mom.

What to do .... what to do!!

If he loves you , why doesn't he come to where you are? He can always find another job. After all, what is more important, his happiness or his job?

We have discussed that option. I live in a very small town and with the economy the way it is, there doesn't seem to be a way at all in the near future. The closest large city is like 3 hours away. The kids don't even want to move that far.

I had a internet pal at one time for many many months. When I asked him to meet me, he flipped out and I never heard from him again. I assumed he had much to hide. So keep your guards up when you do meet him. If you are going to travel all that way to see him in his territory you need to know all you can about this person. You may want a copy of his drivers lic. or get his soical security number.

I hope that you have made hotel arrangments. It would be better that you have some place to go in case you get that really uncomfortable feeling and want to get away from him.

Just consider this trip a vacation for you and a convience for him to meet you since he already lives there.