Hi, here's my situation:

I'm in a long distance relationship at the moment. It's now March 28th and he's been gone since Jan.4th. It's been a long, emotional wait as this is my first long distance attempt. He's actually taking a course and will be returning May 9th. So, that's us.

Here's my concern: when he left, he said he was going to try his best to visit at Easter(this weekend). I was so pumped about that because it gave me something to look forward to. But, last night he gives me a call and says he can't make it out because he has a paper due next friday. I'm a reasonable woman, I understand that school is a priority right now. What did tick me off was the following:

he said he and his army buddies were going to rent a room in Toronto tonight and spend the night there. I'm sure they're going drinking and all that. I was extremely crushed to hear that he's making the effort to go out with his buddies and not come to see me.

So, he tells me that he'll give me a call from Toronto later this evening from a restaurant. I told him to go have fun and call me on friday instead. Am I right to feel so pissed at him? Thanks for your advice!

I'd be mad as hell. It sounds like his buddies are more of a priority than you are in his life.

Personally, I'd write his butt off. If this is the way he keeps his word when he's courting you and on his best behavior, just think of the kind of husband he might make. Obviously, he's NOT doing his best to be with you on Easter...but rather doing his best to party with his buddies.

Why should you make the sacrifice of waiting around until it's convenient for him to be with you when you're obviously not number one on his list?

Not only would I be mad but I'd be history in his life as well. This is NOT a guy you want to spend the rest of your life with...or even to date for a while. Poop on that!!!

I disagree with Tony. Renting a room for ONE night and going out ONE night is completely different than losing an entire weekend. Not sure how far away from you, but if he is far away, he could lose a solid three days by visiting you. I'm in school, too, and three full days is a huge amount of time to lose when you have a big paper due. Going out for one night with his buddies isn't even comparable. Your best bet in this situation is to not get mad at him and tell him to have a great time. I'm sure he'll be studying hard all weekend and having very little fun.

I would, however, be curious to know when this paper was assigned. If he's known since Jan. 4 that he was not going to be around for Easter weekend, it seems like he could have planned to have much of the paper done by then so he could take the weekend off. If he's known about the paper for a month, you have every right to be ticked off a little, but I still wouldn't mention it. Things happen. However, he may have gotten it two weeks ago, in which case, there's no way he could've planned for this.

Hi, here's my situation: I'm in a long distance relationship at the moment. It's now March 28th and he's been gone since Jan.4th. It's been a long, emotional wait as this is my first long distance attempt. He's actually taking a course and will be returning May 9th. So, that's us. Here's my concern: when he left, he said he was going to try his best to visit at Easter(this weekend). I was so pumped about that because it gave me something to look forward to. But, last night he gives me a call and says he can't make it out because he has a paper due next friday. I'm a reasonable woman, I understand that school is a priority right now. What did tick me off was the following: he said he and his army buddies were going to rent a room in Toronto tonight and spend the night there. I'm sure they're going drinking and all that. I was extremely crushed to hear that he's making the effort to go out with his buddies and not come to see me. So, he tells me that he'll give me a call from Toronto later this evening from a restaurant. I told him to go have fun and call me on friday instead. Am I right to feel so pissed at him? Thanks for your advice!

Why couldnt he bring his school work with him on his trip to see you? Those are my thoughts. He could have still had time to do the paper while visiting you. He would only need some alone time.

But than again you could be too much of a distraction for him to concentrate.

I wouldnt let it make you angry. Just play cool with him and see what happens come May. When he comes back to you in May than come tell us what hes like.

Hi, here's my situation: I'm in a long distance relationship at the moment. It's now March 28th and he's been gone since Jan.4th. It's been a long, emotional wait as this is my first long distance attempt. He's actually taking a course and will be returning May 9th. So, that's us. Here's my concern: when he left, he said he was going to try his best to visit at Easter(this weekend). I was so pumped about that because it gave me something to look forward to. But, last night he gives me a call and says he can't make it out because he has a paper due next friday. I'm a reasonable woman, I understand that school is a priority right now. What did tick me off was the following: he said he and his army buddies were going to rent a room in Toronto tonight and spend the night there. I'm sure they're going drinking and all that. I was extremely crushed to hear that he's making the effort to go out with his buddies and not come to see me. So, he tells me that he'll give me a call from Toronto later this evening from a restaurant. I told him to go have fun and call me on friday instead. Am I right to feel so pissed at him? Thanks for your advice!