There's long-distance, and then there's LONG distance

mental_traveller

mental_traveller

Ok, I met this lady last week. She was hot, funny, seemed really nice, and we had a great time. Only one problem - she was over on holiday. However I was really into her so I asked where she was from, figured if she was within say 2-3 hours flight I might be on for meeting more....she paused for a while, looked a bit embarrassed, then told me....

Siberia.

This never happens to my friends!

my guy is in Wales UK.....I am in Victoria Australia....

We met 2 years ago online...became close in November and he is moving here any day !!!

That is over 12,000 Miles.....

No matter what the distance, it can work :)

Good luck !!

The distance between me and my girlfriend is 197.91km (123 miles). No where near as bad as 12,000 miles or Siberia though. Though, if 12,000 miles can work, I don't see why 123 miles can't work. Though I get the impression it would be nice to be single and not have to deal with the trials and tribulations that LDR's throw up.

• Author
mental_traveller
Siberia, Indiana? Cool!

Rofl.

To everyone else - no, I'm not gonna pursue this one. Been there (minus about 5000 miles, and about 30 degrees centigrade warmer), done that, chucked away the t-shirt!

Any chance she was pulling your leg? I would think it would have been pretty obvious that she was from a totally foreign country - accent, clothing, mannerisms, different usage of English.

• Author
mental_traveller
Any chance she was pulling your leg? I would think it would have been pretty obvious that she was from a totally foreign country - accent, clothing, mannerisms, different usage of English.

I knew she was foreign, but I'm not expert enough to know the difference between a Siberian accent (if there is such a thing) and a normal Russian or Eastern European one. Yes she is actually from there as far as I can tell!

I'm in Texas and my fiance's in Victoria, Australia. When the distance is longer it does make it harder 9depending on the circumstances). If he lived in New York or something I'd be flying down once every two months and I'd be alot more at ease. But tickets from here to Aus are 2000 bucks.