Does he want me to visit?

Here's the deal. I became really close to this guy about a year ago. We were never "officially" in a relationship(he was attending school in my town but graduated in May and moved back to Canada..I'm in Kentucky)but we talked pretty much every day, were intimate several times, flirted a lot, he told me many times he liked me "a lot" and I told him the same.

Last month he moved to the UK for six months but has contacted me via email several times since. In one of my emails I mentioned that I had been working so much that I needed a vacation. He then responded that I should "come to leicester!"(this is where he's currently staying). I then said that I was actually thinking about going to a beach. He then responded with "there are beaches!"...so I said that I was actually thinking more along the lines of Charlston,SC...and he said "yeah that would be kinda cool..."

My question is was he trying to sort of hint he'd like me to visit him or not?

He wasn't hinting at anything. He directly told you you should go see him. What is your question, exactly?

• Author
He wasn't hinting at anything. He directly told you you should go see him. What is your question, exactly?

Well he didn't actually say "You should come see me!"....he said "Come over to Leicester!..ha" I get that's where he is but I figured maybe he was just kidding.

I would be like you and think that he's probably kidding. If he really wanted you to invest time, money and emotional stuff then he'd say, "I've been thinking. I miss you and I'd really like to see you again. What do you think about flying over to Leicester for your vacation?"

He sounds like what I tell friends in emails - come over and visit. We both would like it, but we aren't really serious.