To Stay or Not To Stay?

I will be 20 yrs. old in September and my bf will be 17 yrs. old in July... I know, I know I don't need to hear that I am "robbing the cradle", I just need some advice. We have been together since 2004 and have been pretty happy except for the fact that I am a little paranoid & jealous. I was his 1st and he was my 1st (sex-wise) and I really don't want to lose him... but I also don't want to stay if he is cheating on me. He has lied to me a few times about things like smoking weed w/ his friends and staying over night w/out telling me (a guy friend)... That is the worst lie that I have found out. He eventually told me the truth himself, but I hate finding things out! When I ask him why he lied he says that he don't want to hurt me or for me to leave him 'cause he loves me. I admit that I am a little bossy, intimidating, jealous, etc. and I do give him a hard time about his friends and almost everything else, but the truth is I want to live w/ him! I have my own place, we just have to wait for him to get finished w/ his high school diploma. He comes to stay with me every chance he gets. Do you think that he is cheating on me or am I really paranoid? I love him w/ all of my heart && really want him to be the 1 I spend the rest of my life w/... This is really bothering me && I need answers from more experience people than me... I would really like to hear your thoughts so post them (please be gentle, this is a very sensitive subject for me).

I will be 20 yrs. old in September and my bf will be 17 yrs. old in July... We have been together since 2004 and have been pretty happy except for the fact that I am a little paranoid & jealous. I was his 1st and he was my 1st (sex-wise) and I really don't want to lose him... but I also don't want to stay if he is cheating on me. He has lied to me a few times about things like smoking weed w/ his friends and staying over night w/out telling me (a guy friend)... That is the worst lie that I have found out. He eventually told me the truth himself, but I hate finding things out! When I ask him why he lied he says that he don't want to hurt me or for me to leave him 'cause he loves me. I admit that I am a little bossy, intimidating, jealous, etc. and I do give him a hard time about his friends and almost everything else, but the truth is I want to live w/ him!

Simple, a-l-j04. If you don't want to lose him, then get a handle on your insecurities. From what you've described, your b/f has done nothing out of the ordinary for a 17-year-old guy. Cut him some slack and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Best,

TMichaels

lonelyindistance

a-l-j04,

from what you say, it doesn't sound like your bf is cheating on you. he tells you what he's been up to eventually anyway doesn't he? and you say he spends time with you every chance he gets.

if you don't like him telling you white lies, then maybe you should tell him so?

l