Gifts for men - care package ideas???

Hi everyone, my man is away working again - could be up to 3 weeks, but definitely 2 weeks for sure. He is working in a remote place that does not have telephone coverage or even electricity - power is run by generators.

Before he left, I made some enquiries to the company overseeing the work and got their mailing address - he's not aware I've done this :cool:. When he's working, he works 12 hours per day with no days off until he returns home. It's pretty gruelling, he does physical work.

So I am going to send him a package, maybe like a care package, just little things that might distract him and let him know I am thinking of him. Here's where I want your ideas - what will I put in the package?

I thought a couple of guy magazines, you know like cars and something else. Maybe the daily newspaper in his language that he will definitely not be able to acquire where he is (it's hard enough to get where I am in the city). Some chocolate and candy. A cheery note from me.

What else????

• Author

ok there's heaps of great ideas out there - these ones touch my heart and I believe he'll get a buzz out of them too:- (these are all other ppl's ideas) -

A shaving mirror with a note attached 'you are looking at the man I love'

A box of chocolates with a note attached 'of all life's pleasures, I am addicted to you'

A packet of nuts with a note 'I'm nuts about you'.

The magazines and notes I mentioned in my opening post.

An electronic game and a couple of mini super-soakers so he can prank some of the other guys, maybe a frisbee and a slinky.

And finally a pillowcase that has my perfume on it. :love:

HisLove...

How about a photo frame that has the ability for you to record an audio message? You can voice your message or include a song that's meaningful to the two of you...

There are some relatively inexpensive digital photo keychains out there that allow you to upload a group of images -- you could include some of your favorites of the two of you or just some good ones of yourself.

How about some "IOUs" for special things the two of you can do together when he returns? Can be as silly or as practical as you like. You can either make these yourself or there are companies out there that market them prepackaged in cute little tins or gift bags.

I'm sure whatever you send your b/f will be thrilled. Crossing my fingers your package will arrive in time for him to enjoy it! :love:

Best,

TMichaels

Edited by TMichaels

Include a couple of slightly naughty pics of yourself. Write "thinking of you..." on the back. He will really appreciate that, especially if he's been away from you for two weeks.

Hi everyone, my man is away working again - could be up to 3 weeks, but definitely 2 weeks for sure. He is working in a remote place that does not have telephone coverage or even electricity - power is run by generators.

Before he left, I made some enquiries to the company overseeing the work and got their mailing address - he's not aware I've done this :cool:. When he's working, he works 12 hours per day with no days off until he returns home. It's pretty gruelling, he does physical work.

So I am going to send him a package, maybe like a care package, just little things that might distract him and let him know I am thinking of him. Here's where I want your ideas - what will I put in the package?

I thought a couple of guy magazines, you know like cars and something else. Maybe the daily newspaper in his language that he will definitely not be able to acquire where he is (it's hard enough to get where I am in the city). Some chocolate and candy. A cheery note from me.

What else????

You are so thoughtful!

Here are things that you may want to consider.

- epsom salts (to ease those sore muscles); it's not too girly and he doesn't necessarily need a tub to use them (he can put his feet in semi-hot water and epsom salts...it does wonders for sore feet)

- if he's a fan of handheld games, you might add one of those (i.e. battleship)

- you could also add a nice moisturizer (if he uses it)

- a scented shirt/blouse of yours (to remind him of what's waiting for him at home)

- if he's a reader, a book of short stories

- if you are able to send perishable items...perhaps his favourite dish or dessert?

• Author

I am not having a good day today. I really miss him. I won't be able to have ANY contact for at least (if not more) another 10 days or so.

Last night I was invited to a party by a dear friend (I went to the party last night, not I was invited last night), and I took my daughter, we stayed the night. I looked around all the people there and felt so out of place and thinking if R was with me, we WOULD be out of place. I like these people and have a good time, but we're just not the same type of people. I wear different clothes, and drive a different car, and wear different perfume and was the ONLY female there who didn't smoke. I can tuck away a drink or few, so no comparisons there.

This is rambling a lot, and I don't know the connection between the party and missing R, but there is one somewhere.

On the way home from there, I stopped at the store to pick up some groceries and as we are walking down the aisles my daughter says "you shop the same way as Daddy does." (we've been long apart for more than a couple of years). I said yes well Daddy and I probably do some things the same way.

Maybe I'm just hormonal. Thanks for listening.

Edited by HisLove
I am not having a good day today. I really miss him. I won't be able to have ANY contact for at least (if not more) another 10 days or so... Maybe I'm just hormonal. Thanks for listening.

Awww, HisLove.... I know how you feel. Some days the distance and/separation just seems to much to bear, doesn't it?

Is there something you and your daughter could do together today that would be fun and get your mind off things?

Best,

TMichaels

those are amazing thoughts...

I would definitely send him a picture of myself in a very sexy outfit.

I would also send him a cassette with a message that you can record when you really miss him... (as long as he has a cassette player)... lol

the other ideas were excellent.. how about a Playboy mag instead of the car magazine.. ;)