cause for concern?

confused423

so how many of you get jealous from a myspace comment towards your girlfriend/boyfriend is it normal even if its nothing serious. so my case is this: im a guy who has well more girlfriends than i do guy friends, well on my myspace that is... so they often say hi or just try to catch up, nothing really meaningful. But my girlfriend becomes jealous, at first i thought it was cute and i took it that she cares but now i wonder if theres something more to it....

I dont know a WHOLE lot about myspace but from what ive seen on the news it has been people trying to get laid or get attention on how they look and flirt sometimes nastier than that. If you have a good woman why are you even posting a myspace. If I had a myspace my man would slap me across my face and ban me from the comp and i WOULDNT BLAME HIM. For example watch g4 tv and they have this show where they show myspace girls of the weeks, they show them in a sluty way like they are available. I look as myspace as a advertizement as you are single and looking for attention, and on the news it always shows pedifilers meeting up with young people with the intention of having sex with them. THIS IS TRUE , check the site urself they made new rules of friends list of your age.You make me wonder if your looking for women to flirt or show you attention. Not really to be mean just a honest statement if my man was doing what you are id drop you like 1 minute garbage on the curb.:lmao:

I see nothing wrong with yourgirlfriend getting mad about this looks perfectly logicle. Now if you want to test this on the other feet I suggest letting her pose pics and having majority MEN post on her myspace and see how you feel about it. If it bothers her why continue doing it? Mabey my standards are high but I would NEVER put up with this from my man.

Pink Amulet

You just need to reassure her she has nothing to worry about. Instead of being on here, go and talk to your girl, and just remind her how much she means to you.

I dont know a WHOLE lot about myspace but from what ive seen on the news it has been people trying to get laid or get attention on how they look and flirt sometimes nastier than that. If you have a good woman why are you even posting a myspace. If I had a myspace my man would slap me across my face and ban me from the comp and i WOULDNT BLAME HIM. For example watch g4 tv and they have this show where they show myspace girls of the weeks, they show them in a sluty way like they are available. I look as myspace as a advertizement as you are single and looking for attention, and on the news it always shows pedifilers meeting up with young people with the intention of having sex with them. THIS IS TRUE , check the site urself they made new rules of friends list of your age.You make me wonder if your looking for women to flirt or show you attention. Not really to be mean just a honest statement if my man was doing what you are id drop you like 1 minute garbage on the curb.:lmao:

I see nothing wrong with yourgirlfriend getting mad about this looks perfectly logicle. Now if you want to test this on the other feet I suggest letting her pose pics and having majority MEN post on her myspace and see how you feel about it. If it bothers her why continue doing it? Mabey my standards are high but I would NEVER put up with this from my man.

All spelling and grammatical errors aside, MySpace is NOT a dating site. It can be used that way, but it's primarily a social network. People can find and catch up with old friends from school or maybe relatives who live far away. If you have a boyfriend who would slap you for having a page on MySpace, you should dump him. Then again, if you wouldn't blame him, maybe you're perfect for each other.

Pink Amulet

Isn't myspace just a blog?! I have one similar. I post my published (and un published) articles, as well as other crap about myself. My friends love it. Nothing sinister at all.

Pink Amulet

OH!!! I just looked at your space. Your profile is a pic of you and your girl kissing. She obviously has no reason to feel insecure. But she does, so you just need to act on this to reassure her of your love.

• Author
confused423

well i also should have said that she has one as well, and what bothers me about it is that sometimes shell write and post a bulliten that may say things that i dont really appreciate and sometimes find hurtful, its caused a few arguments, do you think that myspace can help or hurt the relationship and what i mean by that is, whatever gets said on there should it be taken seriously or just ignored?

Pink Amulet

OH my bad. Haha I was just clicked on the link on this thread titled "myspace", turns out it was blue636 :lmao:

I would say, if it is causing you to so much strife, I would maybe discuss sacrificing it. Make sure you both agree to do so. It just doesn't seem worth it?

All spelling and grammatical errors aside, MySpace is NOT a dating site. It can be used that way, but it's primarily a social network. People can find and catch up with old friends from school or maybe relatives who live far away. If you have a boyfriend who would slap you for having a page on MySpace, you should dump him. Then again, if you wouldn't blame him, maybe you're perfect for each other.

I was stating that if I was flirting with men on a myspace My man would slap me across the face in a hypothetical way. As in anyone who was in a almost 6 year relashionship should do or drop them like garbage, cause that is what they are if they flirt with others in a relashionship as long as ours is. Mabey you are jealous and are single cause you sure sound like it. Our relashionship is so great we talk all the time our sex is awsome, we are best friends. Mabey you want to call me old fashioned but i Strongly believe in respecting my man and his wishes and keeping our love. Mabey I have spelling errors but at least I dont have judgemental errors and feel the need to point out such a riducious thing, mabey you have relashionship errors, that you need to resolve. Mabey should work these out in your so called relashionship whatever you have if you call it that=). If you would like to speak to my bf and I you are more than welcome for us to take your phone number and call it. whatever you would like I thank GOD my man is not like you. Id love a debate please avoid me and make excuses please make these phone call .

Still waiting for blue's response, real life confrontional debate is to much?:lmao: :lmao:

blue is right, myspace is what you make of it. i'm engaged and i have one; it's to keep in touch with people i went to school with that have all moved to different states and countries. we aren't all so close that we want to call or visit each other all the time, so this is a great way to say hello and keep in contact with people at everyone's convenience so no one disappears completely (unless they want to, of course.)

yes, some people really trash out their myspace pages, but the problem lies with the person using it for that reason; you can't blame myspace for that. that's like blaming the knife in a stabbing.

There are some comments my boyfriend gets that are a little much I think, but I know that they mean nothing and I need not to worry about it. So, I can understand how some people can be completely upset with it. Having random girls post "Just showin some love"... I'm like get your own boy to show some love too. haha

There are some comments my boyfriend gets that are a little much I think, but I know that they mean nothing and I need not to worry about it. So, I can understand how some people can be completely upset with it. Having random girls post "Just showin some love"... I'm like get your own boy to show some love too. haha

myspace has options that allow only your friends to view your blogs and your profile. then only friends can post comments on your page--no more random comments.

the age may have to be set at 14 to keep everything private except from who you choose can see it, but then you can put your real age in the city part.

you can also choose to approve comments before they're posted; if you don't want it on your page, you can delete it and no one knows it was ever there. oh hey, i guess that can be a good or bad thing...

ayway there are very easy things to do to keep a clean myspace. no one can make you be their "myspace friend", you have to accept them, so if there are people who are friends on myspace it's because one invited the other and the other said yes.

so basically, whatever is there, is there because someone likes it that way. and that can be taken however you want.

myspace has options that allow only your friends to view your blogs and your profile. then only friends can post comments on your page--no more random comments from girls.

the age may have to be set at 14 to keep everything private except from who you choose can see it, but then you can put your real age in the city part.

you can also choose to approve comments before they're posted; if you don't want it on your page, you can delete it and no one knows it was ever there. oh hey, i guess that can be a good or bad thing...

ayway there are very easy things to do to keep a clean myspace. no one can make you be their "myspace friend", you have to accept them, so if there are people who are friends on myspace it's because one invited the other and the other said yes.

so basically, whatever is there is there because someone likes it that way. and that can be taken however you want.

Me being the myspace addict that I am, I know all about all those features. I actually plan on turning my profile to private. Way too many people need not to read some of the things in my profile.

I love how guys show that they have a girlfriend, she is the top on the list and then you see all these other comments on his page. haha.

I could care less personally, I mean it is only the internet not real life.