Seed of Doubt

princessjulieanne

I have been seeing a guy for about 8 weeks now and things are great. He's all that I could hope for in a partner and it feels as if we've been together forever. I don't have a lot of "rules" for my partner the only one thing that's very important is loyalty and not cheating which is really hard to find these days.

It is very important to him as well, in fact when we first met he told me we couldn't visit and talk because he had just begun seeing someone and he didn't want to be disloyal. Fortunately for me I guess it didn't work out and we caught up with each other again.

My problem is that last week we cleaned his apartment together and I cleaned the bathroom. When I stayed there a couple of days ago there were some "female supplies" in the trash can. I didn't say anything because I trust him. He did later on in the day mention that a friend visited him last week and that she informed him that she wanted more but he said no he was seeing someone and thanks but no thanks. My problem now is there is that little seed of doubt and worry that I'll destroy what we have because I'm scared any advice would be welcome.

Well, we can speculate till hell freezes over and not be any closer to really knowing what is going on. Truth or fiction? There is no one in a better position to decide than you. You are closest to the source.

Myself, I would have dumped that trash can pronto. Guilty or not. But, some people overlook the simple things. So, just pure speculation. You will just have to continue to evaluate this relationship, just like anyone would do, with available evidence.

The little evidence you have mentioned, while creating doubt, even in my mind, is nothing definitive.

• Author
princessjulieanne

Thanks Neptune, he didn't know about the garbage can until I told him. He asked me why I didn't say anything and I said I wanted to give him the chance to "come clean" sort of which he did. Its just difficult when the "bubble bursts" can't fill it up again and when that happens I go into "protect mode".