I need some advice..

Basically, went out with friends last weekend. These are work friends. We get together occasionlly.

One of them that was there, got pretty drunk, and strated grabbing me, and hugging me alot. Usually, we all hug each other anyway, but this was overkill I thought. what made it worse is that his wife was seeing all of this.

I felt very uncomfortable about it all. But, we are friends, and I don't think he realized what he was doing. Or maybe he did. We are new friends, I don't know him as well as the others.

Anyway, I feel ashamed, and guilty. Like I did something wrong because I did not put and end to it. or, just leave. I let this happen. I guess I didn't want him to think I was being mean, by saying something. Because we are friends too.

What's worse too is that some co-workers saw this happen. Makes me wonder what is going to be said about all of this at work.

What worse than that we all work together, including his wife and my fiance. I don't want something like this getting around. I just feel sick about it all.

I just don't know what to do from this point forward.

Any help will be appreciated.

Whether or not you knew him or were 'friends', you should have stopped it the minute it started. If you ever go out together again, be sure to do so. Then you won't have to worry what people think of you.

Like I did something wrong because I did not put and end to it.

Like Outcast says, the best and usually "easiest" option is the one very few people actually make :( you should of slapped his face and made a scene, he would of felt shame and sobered up pretty quickly, if not then, i'm sure the next day he would of been made to suffer a thousand Indignities at the hands of his wife :)

Just keep it in mind for "next time"

you should of slapped his face and made a scene, he would of felt shame

No she certainly should not HAVE slapped him. He may not HAVE felt shame but rather hit her back. All she had to do was politely tell him to stop.

No she certainly should not HAVE slapped him. He may not HAVE felt shame but rather hit her back. All she had to do was politely tell him to stop.

OK I digress, your probably right as usual. :o