LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

What do you think of this guys behaviour towards me?

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2019, 1:18 PM   #1

What do you think of this guys behaviour towards me?

For a few months i saw a personal trainer at my gym staring at me when i entered the gym. He happens to train my brother and he would ask my brother questions about me and what i do etc.

Eventually he said hi to me but seemed nervous and i didn t feel too comfortable around him either. Saying hi continued for another few months but that's all that he could say as I kept it short and sweet too and didn't feel comfortable having a conversation with him either. He continued with the staring everytime he saw me and he asked my brother questions like how is your sister's training going? Sometimes he makes direct eye contact with me and looks eyes with me even when he's training someone. I usually look away as i feel akward.
I brought a friend to the gym once and he also asked my brother about that too and said he noticed me with a brunette girl in the gym.
Recently my brother sent him pics of himself wearing a suit to the PT from a formal event we both went to. I was in a couple of the pics dressed up and he asked my brother if it's his girlfriend (i believe he knew it was me) and he told him how i look different outside the gym and that it doesn't look like me. Since he's seen the pics he keeps on saying the same thing a few times to my brother- about how different i look outside the gym. He's making a big deal about this and people would obviously look different at a formal event than they would at the gym.
Yesterday the PT saw my friend and i at the gym again and mentioned this to my brother today. My friend said she also felt uncomfortable around him like she was being checked out.
He asked my brother what her name is and said she seems interesting. Even though my brother has told him that she's got a boyfriend in the past. I'm not sure if he's trying to wind me up to get a reaction from me, as maybe he was expecting to get attention from me and chat to him? That has happened all this time. What do you think of this guy?
groovybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2019, 4:01 PM   #2
Established Member

I doubt he's trying to wind you up or he'd just ask you out, right? Sounds like he just likes "guy talk" about women.
Old 26th February 2019, 4:18 PM   #3
Established Member

He's checking out everyone....sounds like horn dog dude talk to me too. I think you are romanticizing this too much. Guys just think about smashing chicks, especially dudes that go to the gym.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2019, 4:21 PM   #4
Established Member

I very much doubt it's about you. Most likely he's a bit awkward and likes talking about women.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2019, 4:24 PM   #5
Established Member

The awkwardness in that moment doesn't always mean, shyness or nervousness...sometimes it's shame/guilt because moments before they were thinking about you naked or right at that moment.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2019, 12:01 AM   #6
Established Member

The fact that you're posting here suggests that maybe the vibe you're getting is that it's more than the normal "window shopping" that men tend to do. I.e. he's creeping on you.

You could have your brother tell him to stop asking about you and explain that you're taken or casually mention that you're not into guys who <some description that fits him>.

Or even just be direct and say that you've noticed his interest in you, it makes you uncomfortable, and you'd like it to stop immediately. Be firm.

It's not appropriate for someone who works in a gym to make members feel uncomfortable. The prospect of potentially losing his job also might have a big impact. If it's a national chain, I'd suspect they take complaints of that nature quite seriously.

Nip this thing in the bud before it escalates, no? Don't want to be too rough on the guy as it may well be nothing, but definitely better safe than sorry with something like this...
mark clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 3:23 PM   #7
Established Member

He sounds creepy and like he lacks social skills.
I think he's into all women.
olivetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2019, 7:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivetree View Post
He sounds creepy and like he lacks social skills.
I think he's into all women.

Yh i don't understand why he's not embarassed. He knows my brother will tell me about him talking about my friend and I. It makes him look rather silly that he notices us but then talks about us to my brother.
groovybaby is offline   Reply With Quote