My Girlfriend Seems To Be Showing Interest In Others

I’m not sure if I’m just being paranoid or not, This is not something I’d usually do, I’m 22 Years Old, Have been with my girlfriend for Two and a Half Years now, We’ve never really had issues before but the past 4 months we’ve had sex twice, She suffers with anxiety so doesn’t have much of a social life however the past week she’s been going out everyday with her manager at work and not getting home until 23:00/23:30,

She checks my phone regularly, I have looked at her phone in the past once or twice but i don’t usually care to look so i don’t as I’ve never seen anything but i checked yesterday and i could see she’d been adding other men on snapchat and talking to them which is very unusual as this doesn’t happen.

One of three is on her top 5 most talked to people on there, I noticed that all of these people have been added during this past week, Also she’s been paying some interest into searching up her ex boyfriend and liking his instagram photos, I’m a hard working young man and i always make sure i pay good attention to her..

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs and move to CFJ

Well yeah you should definitely talk to her man. See what's up. She's obviously interested in others. It's natural especially in a LTR at your age. Be prepared, you might not like what you hear. Or she might burst into tears. Or she might deny it completely. Be kind and keep your cool. I hope for the best my friend.

• Like 1
Talk to her and find out what is going on.

You know what's going on. She's going behind your back with other men. Grounds for dismissal.

You're very young. Don't put up with crap. People will waste your time until the cows come home if you let them. You need to start seeing other girls.

Edited by Fair
  • Like 1

I agree, relationship is doa.

Would she put up with you doing what she is.

Just say “ your wanting to see if the grass is greener, there’s the door. If you walk out it don’t have ever come back.”

dude, your relationship is over

Yep. Unfortunately that's what I mean by that what happens in a LTR at that age.

I'm curious to know what she says.

You are young so is she. She's decided to move on.

Hopefully you won't cry beg and plead or chase her like most do in these situations.

Let her go. It's not the end of the world

• Like 1

Assuming that she is of same age, this is the time to be exploring the world and expanding one's view of it.

That sounds like what she is doing. Also, just getting to know her co-workers, who maybe don't strongly, if at all, identify her as 'suffering from anxiety'.

Could be that she has started to feel the weight and limits of other people perceiving her as 'anxious'; and, so, being with other people who don't put all of that on her makes her feel free,

liberated and able to actually just be her natural self.

Resolve this in your own mind, and then speak with her about it in an open, honest, peer-to-equal-peer manner.

ExpatInItaly

Why does she check your phone regularly? More to the point, why do you tolerate that?

Regarding her interest in other guys, I think your instinct is probably correct there. She seems to be moving on before actually ending it. Talk to her. Tell her you are concerned with the changes you've noticed, and let her fill in the blanks.

I think you are going to find that she is not ready to break up yet, but she isn't about to re-commit to your relationship either. Sorry, OP.