Sex Appeal comment

If a man I just met randomly mentions my sex appeal in a conversation when I wasn’t really paying attention, does that mean he thinks I’m sexy or is he just paying me a compliment or is he testing the water with me trying to see if I would react to his comment which I didn’t because it caught me off guard and I didn’t know what to say because I am kinda shy. What would his intentions be? He is a lot older than me so I was confused. We are just acquaintances as if now so I’ve talked to him a few times but it seems like recently he is flirting more. Not sure if he is playing around or what. I don’t feel comfortable asking him so I’m asking you all.

• Author

I was looking something up on my phone and he said “well that will be a bad thing for your sex appeal” as I was talking about my skin breaking out a little bit. I didn’t mention feeling unattractive so he took it upon himself to bring up sex appeal.

Mrs._December
He is a lot older than me so I was confused. We are just acquaintances as if now so I’ve talked to him a few times but it seems like recently he is flirting more. Not sure if he is playing around or what. I don’t feel comfortable asking him so I’m asking you all.

Yet another 'much older' guy hitting on a young woman. How unusual. :rolleyes:

I'll never forget - when I was 25 years old, some 55-60 year old pervert came up to me and made some comment about, "if I were only 20 years younger..." and in disgust I blurted back, "if you were 20 years younger, what? You'd be my grandfather????" Repulsive.

So unappealing when these perverts think they actually have a chance.

If you're smart OP, you'll avoid this guy like the plague. There's just something so nasty about old men looking for vulnerable women too naive to KNOW any better.

• Like 1
I was looking something up on my phone and he said “well that will be a bad thing for your sex appeal” as I was talking about my skin breaking out a little bit. I didn’t mention feeling unattractive so he took it upon himself to bring up sex appeal.

His comment was just... stupid.

• Like 1

Well, clearly he has sex on the brain...

This is not exactly a positive compliment, however. If anything, it is more of a backhanded compliment.

Whatever he meant, it would put him firmly in the “creepy old man” category for me and make me put some distance between us... but then again, I have no interest in either flirting or dating a much older man.

• Like 1

I think his comment was just stupid, "well that would be a bad thing for your sex appeal" meaning a break out on your face could ruin your looks.

This is not exactly a positive compliment, however. If anything, it is more of a backhanded compliment.

This. I would be insulted, not flattered.

Dirty old man hitting on a young woman that he finds attractive.

No more, no less.

SOP (standard operating procedure, for you youngsters) to find a way

to start a conversation besides asking the time, off hand weather

comment.

He didn't mean anything by that at all. Just validating that skin breakouts aren't sexy. That doesn't mean he otherwise thinks you're sexy at all.

I am 32 and I’m not sure his age but I’d say prob mid 50s. I always have the old dudes hitting on me. Lol

I kinda thought he might be a bit older. The term "sex appeal" isn't a term I've heard much nowadays -- a little archaic

• Author

Well that explains his age then. I don’t “go” by him. He comes to talk to me. Lol just windering what his comment meant? Didn’t know if he was flirting or insulting me.