LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

Sex Appeal comment

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th February 2019, 2:51 AM   #1

Sex Appeal comment

If a man I just met randomly mentions my sex appeal in a conversation when I wasnít really paying attention, does that mean he thinks Iím sexy or is he just paying me a compliment or is he testing the water with me trying to see if I would react to his comment which I didnít because it caught me off guard and I didnít know what to say because I am kinda shy. What would his intentions be? He is a lot older than me so I was confused. We are just acquaintances as if now so Iíve talked to him a few times but it seems like recently he is flirting more. Not sure if he is playing around or what. I donít feel comfortable asking him so Iím asking you all.
Pink86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 2:57 AM   #2
Established Member

What did he say, exactly?

I assume if he's flirting he finds you attractive.
Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 9:46 AM   #3

I was looking something up on my phone and he said ďwell that will be a bad thing for your sex appealĒ as I was talking about my skin breaking out a little bit. I didnít mention feeling unattractive so he took it upon himself to bring up sex appeal.
Old 16th February 2019, 1:01 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink86 View Post
He is a lot older than me so I was confused. We are just acquaintances as if now so I’ve talked to him a few times but it seems like recently he is flirting more. Not sure if he is playing around or what. I don’t feel comfortable asking him so I’m asking you all.
Yet another 'much older' guy hitting on a young woman. How unusual.

I'll never forget - when I was 25 years old, some 55-60 year old pervert came up to me and made some comment about, "if I were only 20 years younger..." and in disgust I blurted back, "if you were 20 years younger, what? You'd be my grandfather????" Repulsive.

So unappealing when these perverts think they actually have a chance.

If you're smart OP, you'll avoid this guy like the plague. There's just something so nasty about old men looking for vulnerable women too naive to KNOW any better.
Mrs._December is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 2:20 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
I was looking something up on my phone and he said ďwell that will be a bad thing for your sex appealĒ as I was talking about my skin breaking out a little bit. I didnít mention feeling unattractive so he took it upon himself to bring up sex appeal.
His comment was just... stupid.
Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 2:30 PM   #6
Established Member

Well, clearly he has sex on the brain...

This is not exactly a positive compliment, however. If anything, it is more of a backhanded compliment.

Whatever he meant, it would put him firmly in the ďcreepy old manĒ category for me and make me put some distance between us... but then again, I have no interest in either flirting or dating a much older man.
Old 16th February 2019, 3:16 PM   #7
Established Member

I think his comment was just stupid, "well that would be a bad thing for your sex appeal" meaning a break out on your face could ruin your looks.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 3:33 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post
This is not exactly a positive compliment, however. If anything, it is more of a backhanded compliment.
This. I would be insulted, not flattered.
ExpatInItaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 7:14 PM   #9

Thatís what I was wondering. Is it an insult or was he hitting on me?
Old 16th February 2019, 8:29 PM   #10
Established Member

Is that not negging?

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2019, 8:33 PM   #11

I donít know what negging is? Is it suppose to be a compliment but isnít?
Old 17th February 2019, 9:23 AM   #12
Established Member

Dirty old man hitting on a young woman that he finds attractive.
No more, no less.

SOP (standard operating procedure, for you youngsters) to find a way
to start a conversation besides asking the time, off hand weather
comment.
oldtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 1:59 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Thatís what I was wondering. Is it an insult or was he hitting on me?
Both . . . how old is this guy? And, how old are you?
Redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2019, 2:17 PM   #14
Established Member

He didn't mean anything by that at all. Just validating that skin breakouts aren't sexy. That doesn't mean he otherwise thinks you're sexy at all.
Old 17th February 2019, 6:06 PM   #15

I am 32 and Iím not sure his age but Iíd say prob mid 50s. I always have the old dudes hitting on me. Lol