Does sudden increase in contact from male friend mean anything?

I work with this guy, have for a few years and we get on well but always been just platonic. We never used to have loads of contact, would chat lots if we were on same shift but if not could go for a week or two without talking.

We've done lots of shifts together recently and now suddenly the contact has increased loads, he messages everyday and if we're not on same shift he says he's bored because i'm not there. The messages are innocent but it's definitely different to before. What do you think? Would he just do this because he's bored?He has a long term girlfriend

If he has a LT GF it could mean anything but mostly it means trouble. Let him sort himself out & be single before you worry about dating him.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks, should have made it clearer that I don't want to date him!

I just want to check if its normal, if so it's all good, if not i'll distance myself a bit

Distance yourself yes. You can start talking about a date you went on, or about guys you like, etc. That will shut him down.

• Like 1
Thanks, should have made it clearer that I don't want to date him!

I just want to check if its normal, if so it's all good, if not i'll distance myself a bit

Normal is such a loaded word. Some people are chatty even when in a relationship. As long as the subject matter of the discussion is above board, it's fine.

Don't create problems when none exist.

Normal is such a loaded word. Some people are chatty even when in a relationship. As long as the subject matter of the discussion is above board, it's fine.

Don't create problems when none exist.

I can certainly agree with this. In my case by nature I’m just a chatty person. Just because I want to talk doesn’t mean I am interested in you.