Is he playing games

So my coworker who I’ve recently started texting told me he was interested and I reciprocated and we were getting to know each other. He walked me home from work and started texting like two days in a row and I messaged him the next day we said good night and then I didn’t see him all week at work because and we didn’t text. I didn’t want to start the convo because I knew I’d see him at work anyways and he’s kind of reserved and likes living slow also I didn’t find it necessary to talk every single day .

So our Christmas party was on the weekend and there he is, so I assume we’re going to talk but one of our other coworkers starts full on hitting on him she has her hand on his thigh and u can tell she’s drunk and making moves. They’re really good friends from before but wow it sucked to see I could tell he was trying to push her off but he made like no effort to really come talk to me.

So after the party the next day I sent a hey and we kind of started unfolding what happened with us. He told me that he thought I wasn’t interested in him anymore because I didn’t talk to him all week which is when I brought up the fact he didn’t say anything either and he started going off about how I’m always waiting for him to text me and I read his messages and don’t reply (I don’t do this on purpose I’m just a bad texter I prefer face to face) tried explaining this to him but he kept saying he was trying to get to know me better but I wasn’t reciprocating and he thought I wasn’t interested anymore.

We talked it over and established we would text more often but now that I’m thinking about it was it weird of him to react like that? He’s a really respectful and slow moving sweet guy who is very friendly I know he isn’t a player but I want to make sure I’m not getting played either

So our Christmas party was on the weekend and there he is, so I assume we’re going to talk but one of our other coworkers starts full on hitting on him she has her hand on his thigh and u can tell she’s drunk and making moves. They’re really good friends from before but wow it sucked to see I could tell he was trying to push her off but he made like no effort to really come talk to me.

Why didn't you make an effort to go over and talk to him?

• Like 1

I don't think you are getting played but I think you are playing him a little because you are so scared. The game you are trying to get him to play is Chase as in you want him to chase you but you are sending signals that you don't care Thaw out & do more to encourage him to stay connected.

• Like 1

Assume he's telling the truth. That girl is probably too fast for him. He sounds insecure. Don't text really more than you want to. I mean, pick up the phone if you hate texting part of the time. Also, maybe through actions, make it clear that if you're texting, you are wanting to make plans or whatever, not just waste time..........

The classic Mexican stand off......who's gonna text first? You don't want to come off as needy, and want to make sure the other will make an effort to reach out or that would mean not interested. It was good you both finally had a talk so you are on the same page....you both need to stop being so scare of being taken advantage of...now you see the results of that, put in some damn effort.

He told me that he thought I wasn’t interested in him anymore because I didn’t talk to him all week which is when I brought up the fact he didn’t say anything either and he started going off about how I’m always waiting for him to text me and I read his messages and don’t reply (I don’t do this on purpose I’m just a bad texter I prefer face to face)

This is your hint to make more of an effort, OP.

If you were not bothering to reply - for whatever reason - it sends the message you don't really give a zoom. If that's not the case, you need to do a better job of making sure your actions line up with your words.

• Like 2