Should my crush be texting everyday?

I have been interested in my coworker since I started my job a few months ago, we started talking a month ago and he was initially very very reserved as a lot of his friends hit on me when I first started, some of his friends told me they would all talk about me when I was in training, my crush however is more reserverd and really respectful he never actually commented on me but he definitely knows his friends made moves on me.

I told them respectfully I wasn’t interested and saw them as friends and finally one day my crush walked me home after work. He got my number and we eventually started texting, he told me he thinks I’m beautiful but that he also feels I talk to all the guys at work and that makes him more reserved as he has had bad experiences with girls and has trust issues. This put me off at first because I’m just friendly and I don’t lead people on so yea I talk to my coworkers when they talk to me but nothing more than friendly conversation I tried to explain I was only interested in him I think he gets it but wants to take his time to get to know me as he should.

He has told me he thinks my personality is really cute and ghat he loves talking to me and thinks I’m gorgeous- he walked me home Friday and texted me as soon as I got home, did the same the next next day and was using lots of hearts every time he said goodnight and after calling me playful nicknames. He’s also said he is interested however he’s the kind of guy who takes things slow and really wants to be friends first before being serious which is great.

So since Sat night when we said good night neither of us have texted and he works part time so I haven’t seen him so it’s been a few days since we last talked I’m not sure if it’s normal we don’t talk everyday. I’m used to guys being a bit more forward or aggressive and initiating convos everyday just wondering if this is normal ? When we have late conversations he always says I never msg or txt ppl like this which means he’s not a big texter as well just wondering if it’s normal we don’t talk everyday

I think it's abnormal to talk everyday at this stage.

If you want to talk to him reach out. He is not the only responsible for maintaining your fledgling connection. Especially since he has told you his wary, you need to make things easier for him & make him feel more secure.