Should I message my co-worker and tell him I think he's cute??

I recently started a new job and it has been amazing so far. There's this one particular guy who I don't have a lot of shifts with but I find him really, really cute and attractive. Physically wise, I honestly rate him 10/10. We've talked for a bit but it was only small talk and I want to get to know him some more but I'm always feeling so shy and tongue tied when I'm around him. The fact that we don't have a lot of shifts together sort of put a hindrance to getting to know each other as well, unlike how I've been with my other co-workers.

Here's the thing though: he's going to be transferring to a different location (but still under the same company) :( Friday is going to be his last day (lucky for me I'll see him even for at least two-three hours) but I really want to tell him that I want to stay in touch through social media and that I find him really cute. Should I tell him or should I just not??

I'm not always so straightforward like this so it's a little difficult to muster the courage but for him I'm willing to give it a try. I'm just not sure if I should actually push through because a) like I said we haven't talked a lot, in fact I can only remember one small talk between him and I, b) I think he might be younger than me by 3 years at most?? (I'm 24 and he's only 21) and c) I'm shy (as ridiculous and silly as that sounds)

Help?

Edited by lovesiick

he must be on company email. ask him out to lunch or happy hour. give him your phone #

I'm one of those people who thinks it's almost always a bad idea for a woman to approach a man about this stuff. If he wanted to get to know you better, he would ask you out. I suggest waiting to see what he does.

If he's a solid 10, then he'd have women throwing themselves at him all the time. This doesn't mean that you shouldn't try, but do prepare yourself that he may be in a relationship or be spoiled for choice already.

I suggest you initiate conversation with him on Friday. IF he's actively engaging with you (as opposed to giving you little attention), then tell him you'd like to keep in contact. During the conversation, do find out a bit about his personal life, esp. does he have a girlfriend? And more importantly, is he good to talk with? The fact that he's cute doesn't mean he's actually interesting.

And no, don't email him and tell him he's cute.

Can you ask him out for a celebratory drink before he transfers? Ask around the office to find out if people are taking him out & invite yourself along.

if you do know his last name, go ahead & find him on social media. Through a non work forum you can be flirty & compliment him on his cuteness if you like. If he doesn't respond well never mention it again & move on.

I'm not a fan of people dating where they work and coupled with the fact that you are a new employee I would cool it on chasing guys employed there. At least get settled in your job first.

Standard-Fare

Do not tell him directly that you think he's cute. But here's a suggested plan of attack:

Make a point of engaging/flirting with him on his last day. If it's natural to suggest some further hangout there, go ahead and take that leap.

It probably won't be natural, so Plan B would be to seek him out after on social media.

If he ignores your request, ABORT MISSION right then and there.

If he accepts, you should be able to see if he's "feeling you" if he interacts with you more on social media, liking your posts or whatever, if not directly messaging with you.

Ideally he'd ask you out himself, but if not—and you've seen enough interest from him—that's the point where it'd be appropriate for you to message directly with something like: "Hey, I guess we won't be crossing paths at work anymore, but if you ever want to hang out I'd be up for it. Here's my number."

It could be worth taking that type of chance even if he's just a silent follower of you on social media, but realistically he'd be showing you some signs of interest there if he was, in fact, interested.

• Like 1

Suggest to have lunch together, make it casual, get to know each other a bit. If he likes you he will ask you out. There are so many guys that think they don't have it to date you (been there), so by taking matters into your own hands making yourself known to them in a positive manner, they will step up and ask you out.