Disappearing Instagram likes

Question for anyone who might know because google is not answering

Every girl does a certain amount of social media stalking and it’s psychotic only to a point, a little is acceptable in my opinion. A friend of a friend has always had a thing for my boyfriend, he is the kind of guy who loves to entertain any female attention so although she’s not his usual type he has definitely led her on at times and he’s never bothered me much, we are in a fairly open relationship and he tells me most everything but I’m not delusional that he tells me EVERYTHING.

I’ve noticed in the past they like each other’s pictures on social media mostly Instagram. No big deal.

I didn’t tell him I noticed but I did, didn’t care until I noticed out of the blue all his likes are gone from her pictures. Every single one. So I checked and they aren’t following each other anymore .. her likes are still on his pictures though.

I’m obsessing now. I’m more flustered over the disappearing act than I was about the double taps!!

Did he block her, or did she block him, or did he actually manually remove all his likes and if so .. why!?

I know I know just ask him. I might just do that if it keeps bugging me.

I don’t like the girl one bit. If I bring it up I come across as being really jealous and I’m not so much jealous as curious and now I think maybe there’s more to it.

Was he thinking I’d never noticed and was getting rid of evidence.

Anyone have an opinion?

It's just liking photos...it's meaningless. I bet money on it he's trying to get you off his back about it because he tired of you poking around, snooping and crap. He ain't no dummy, especially affairs are his specialty.

• Like 1
  • Author
I'm confused, OP. Is this boyfriend married or otherwise taken? You indicated in a thread on the Other Man/Woman forum that you are having an affair.

https://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/other-man-woman/662346-you-happy-your-affair

Can you clarify, so we can have better context for this thread?

Is it relevant to the question?

He’s my boyfriend not my husband. Yes he’s married too but that’s changing the topic completely ha I just wondered this separately.

• Author
It's just liking photos...it's meaningless. I bet money on it he's trying to get you off his back about it because he tired of you poking around, snooping and crap. He ain't no dummy, especially affairs are his specialty.

But it wasnt liking them it was removing the likes which I imagine unless they disappear when someone gets blocked would take a fair amount of time.

And no he’s not tired of anything because I would never bring it up ha ha he can like and look at whatever he wants I do the same.

It’s the disappearing likes I found confusing

ExpatInItaly
Is it relevant to the question?

He’s my boyfriend not my husband. Yes he’s married too but that’s changing the topic completely ha I just wondered this separately.

Yes, it absolutely is. It's not changing the topic; it's putting your current question into a broader context so you can get better feedback for your specific situation here.

It's relevant because you have to understand that as the Other Woman, you have no claim to his loyalty. He's inherently disloyal, so it shouldn't come as any surprise if he's checking out other options. He evidently knows what he's doing when it comes to picking up other women, so yes, I would say that it's possible he's trying to cover his tracks with these disappearing "likes."

You know he likes getting action on the side. It's what he does.

Edited by ExpatInItaly
  • Like 3

Content related to any ongoing affair can be offered in a discussion of that affair, as published. The linked thread is not discussing the member's personal affair nor seeking advice on it. Moderation, myself, clarified that in that thread.

Content related to disappearing Instagram likes can be offered here. That is the topic.

Thanks and please continue!

But it wasnt liking them it was removing the likes which I imagine unless they disappear when someone gets blocked would take a fair amount of time.

And no he’s not tired of anything because I would never bring it up ha ha he can like and look at whatever he wants I do the same.

It’s the disappearing likes I found confusing

He knows and I know and most people know liking photos is meaningless BUT when you have your SO poking through your stuff, he felt it was better to ditch the likes....he knows you are monitoring him and probably his wife.....he's avoiding an issue with YOU and her.

[]

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Topical content and member moderated
  • Author
My guess is that they had some type of fling with her and recently broke up.

My first guess ya. But going overboard to delete likes, who cares. They were public view before.

SouthernIslander
There problem solved. He was forthcoming with what happened. all is good.

He is married. I seriously doubt your problems are solved and all is good.

Should it matter if he’s liking someone else’s photos? Isn’t he married? Maybe his wife caught wind of his “likes” and suspected he was having an affair with her so she asked him to block her.

• Like 1
SouthernIslander
There problem solved. He was forthcoming with what happened. all is good.

I am sorry, I totally quoted the wrong person.

Ahhhh the games people play. Don’t you find this draining?

Does it matter if this ‘liking/non liking’ social media game is for the benefit of you or his wife, or both?

You even said he doesn’t tell you “EVERYTHING.” Nudge nudge wink wink. So why are you wondering about it if you know the game?

Sorry I didn’t see the resolution.

Edited by Carpe Diem

If the thread starter comes back and would like this thread re-opened then alert on my post and we will do so, thanks all who posted