I don't like how my girlfriend dresses

So me and my girlfriend are happy and healthy.

One thing continues to bother me, however. My girlfriend wears a lot of short dresses and skirts, and only wears underwear underneath that is very revealing. There's been many occasions when she has unknowingly exposed herself (ass, crotch). This makes me very uncomfortable as I think my friends have seen. I truly think she is oblivious to this.

I want to address this with her but I don't know if I will come off controlling. I'm currently out of town for a few weeks. I don't want to keep repressing the issue and tell her as soon as possible. But I'm worried that this will have backlash. Is telling her a bad idea? I don't intend to tell her how to dress, just that she may be unaware of what she's showing.

While I don't usually hold with people telling others how to dress, I do think it's fine to let someone know if they are unknowingly flashing others. Honestly, if it turns out she's wanting to flash herself - you would probably be better off without her.

(I still remember the butt cheeks of woman at the supermarket who was packing her trolley wearing a short skirt and - I hope! - a thong)

• Like 1

It is controlling to tell her how to dress. If she is intentionally dressing in a way that shows her crotch, I'm thinking this is not who you should be with, that's all. I mean, even if she covers up, she's still the girl who intentionally flashes her crotch, right? It doesn't change who she is. She knows what she's doing. Women spend some time in front of the mirror. If you're uncertain about that, buy her a floor-length mirror.

But I'm willing to bet that if you looked at all her photos she's shared on social media, you'll find some where it's clear she is intentionally showing some flesh. Changing the clothes doesn't change the person. Has she shared any naughty photos with you? Don't answer that. But someone who does, that's them. You can't separate it from the rest of their personality. It's a reflection of who they are.

• Like 1
bathtub-row

How could she not know what she’s exposing? I think she does know. But yes you should point it out to her. Her response will tell you what you need to know.

• Like 3

Just say "Whoa hun, everyone is getting a view of your private bits there."

Don't tell her she needs to cover up or whatever...let her figure it out.

• Like 3

I agree you wait to be with her and point to her that private parts are visible for everyone around then listen.....

• Like 1
While I don't usually hold with people telling others how to dress, I do think it's fine to let someone know if they are unknowingly flashing others.

women don't "unknowingly" flash other. she knows exactly what she's doing

• Like 1
BettyDraper

You may want to think about why you're with a woman who dresses so provocatively.

It's one thing to enjoy wearing stylish and sexy clothing but quite another to dress in order to seek sexual attention from others.

Wearing dresses so short that they lead to flashing is trashy.

• Like 1

One thing continues to bother me, however. My girlfriend wears a lot of short dresses and skirts, and only wears underwear underneath that is very revealing. There's been many occasions when she has unknowingly exposed herself (ass, crotch). This makes me very uncomfortable as I think my friends have seen. I truly think she is oblivious to this.

I want to address this with her but I don't know if I will come off controlling. I'm currently out of town for a few weeks. I don't want to keep repressing the issue and tell her as soon as possible. But I'm worried that this will have backlash. Is telling her a bad idea? I don't intend to tell her how to dress, just that she may be unaware of what she's showing.

You haven't stated your ages treehouses; there is pretty much no possibility that a woman of any age is not aware of flashing her panties.

This understood, she may be under the impression that her skimpy outfits are needed to turn you on, despite collateral observers.

Not likely, but have a conversation with her that it is a turn on for you that no other person in the room knows what is under more conservative attire and that it does bother you that other people are able to see her crotch.

I am guessing that one conversation will clear up her intention quickly. Either she will change her dress or not. It isn't a question of whether she knows or not, rather if she thinks she is dressing for you.

Let her know your preference.

Best luck.

Treehouses

Her outfits are probably part of what drew you to her in the 1st place. Now that she's your GF for you to object to her sexy wardrobe is hypocritical. You are actually trying to control her.

That said, you can express certain concerns especially about the flashing. However you have to express that delicately & diplomatically. If you come at it from a dictatorial place -- you have to change -- she'd be right to tell you to go to hell.

The next time she "inadvertently" flashes someone, quietly & privately point out to her what happened. "Honey, I love the dress. You look so adorable & sexy in it but do you realize that you just flashed everyone your panties & this isn't the first time that happened?" Gage her reaction. If she genuinely seems mortified, hug her & offer to take her shopping. On that trip buy things that are 2-5 inches longer. Problem solved. If she takes umbrage at your comments, realize she is enjoying the attention.

• Like 1

Welcome to LS....

How did your GF dress when you met her? If similarly, did you like it then? Was it attractive to you? Cause you, or augment you, to become interested romantically in her?

If yes, there ya go. She'll be an attractive woman her whole life, hopefully. Sure, she'll have wardrobe malfunctions sometimes and she'll titillate the guys sometimes but hey they're adults and can control themselves.

IMO, it's how she behaves. If she behaves like your girlfriend and prioritizes you and your relationship, there ya go. Bonus that you get the view, plus the extras. Pretty cool.

• Like 2
women don't "unknowingly" flash other. she knows exactly what she's doing

I would always address the issue by starting with benefit of doubt.

Superchicken

Come on, its not like she didn't tuck in her shirt.

Regardless, if ANY partner is having an issue with the other, for freak sake, bring it up and talk about it.

You two decide if its controlling or not. Not me, or any one else here.

But, talk to her. Civilised, and not demeaning.

Ted.

• Like 3
DrReplyInRhymes
Welcome to LS....

How did your GF dress when you met her? If similarly, did you like it then? Was it attractive to you? Cause you, or augment you, to become interested romantically in her?

If yes, there ya go. She'll be an attractive woman her whole life, hopefully. Sure, she'll have wardrobe malfunctions sometimes and she'll titillate the guys sometimes but hey they're adults and can control themselves.

IMO, it's how she behaves. If she behaves like your girlfriend and prioritizes you and your relationship, there ya go. Bonus that you get the view, plus the extras. Pretty cool.

This guy gets it, it's about how she acts and who she prioritizes in her life and mind,

Doesn't matter what the other guys see, long as she demonstrates she's "mine".

But if she flashes others to make you an unknowing cuck and less of a man,

Cut her off and disappear out her life, no need for someone like that, understand?

Thor of Love

If your friends are bothering you, then be a man and beat them up or abandon them, I wouldn't ask my girlfriend to change her clothing because of anyone except my dick, in fact I would like it if her dressing was attractive in order to prepare me to have sex with her when we would return home.

She sounds like the type that likes to be free. You worry too much. Don't try to control her nature. That's what makes her so special to you. She's with you dress like that! Just be proud to know you have a hot body babe on your arm!