Why is this guy whistling around me?

natashalove

He usually does not whistle but these days he starts whistling whenever I am around.

2 days ago, he saw me and I saw him too but I stopped to talk to a friend and he went inside the buildinh. I didnt see that he was actually near the reception and I was hurrying in when suddenly someone started whistling really loudly and I turned to see it was him walking around me.

Today I bumped into him again and he nodded at me and then began whistling as he walked off to the library.

He did it once before as well when he said hi and walked off whistling.

What does this mean?

• Author
natashalove
My builder whistles when he works. Perhaps I could ask him for you

Sure a builder and this situation is the same where obe guy whistles so loudly in a room of crowded people?

• Like 1

What is it that you want to hear Natasha? That he is trying to get your attention? Because, it seems to me that he is trying to get your attention and have you notice him... in a rather indirect way.

• Like 1
  • Author
natashalove
What is it that you want to hear Natasha? That he is trying to get your attention? Because, it seems to me that he is trying to get your attention and have you notice him... in a rather indirect way.

I'm not trying to hear anything. I just wrote what's the deal here. My friend whistles and a guy in the library does too so its not unknown to me that people whistle.

I simply wrote he doesnt really whistle and these days, he does. I also wrote he followed me and started whistling really loudly.

CautiouslyOptimistic
I'm not trying to hear anything. I just wrote what's the deal here. My friend whistles and a guy in the library does too so its not unknown to me that people whistle.

I simply wrote he doesnt really whistle and these days, he does. I also wrote he followed me and started whistling really loudly.

How about just asking him? "I've noticed you've upped your whistling game lately. Have you been taking lessons?" ;)

• Like 2
stillafool

I whistle a lot too because I whistle really well and get a lot of compliments on it. Maybe he does too. I don't know why he does it but why don't you ask him?

• Author
natashalove
How about just asking him? "I've noticed you've upped your whistling game lately. Have you been taking lessons?" ;)

Yes thats what I am going to do.

• Author
natashalove
I whistle a lot too because I whistle really well and get a lot of compliments on it. Maybe he does too. I don't know why he does it but why don't you ask him?

Already wrote he doesnt whistle. And yep I will ask him

It's a way to calm down anxiety. Maybe he likes you and whistling calms his nerves.

• Like 1

Does he whistle well or is does it cause ears to bleed?

It does sound creepy, though...

I'm thinking maybe it's just a nervous response, a distraction or self-soothing gesture, or maybe it's the joy that he notices you notice him...some mutual attraction...and that makes him happy. Who knows?

ExpatInItaly

It means nothing, in relation to you.

Based on this and your previous threads, you need to stop searching for deeper meaning in innocuous behavior.

• Like 3

If you really like him and want his attention, get a whistle and use it. Whistle at him. He will probably laugh. It's fun. He gets the message.

If you don't care for him, ignore totally.

It's just a habit of his. Whistlers whistle. I used to whistle. A guy in my office whistles nearly all the time.

It's unlikely that it's about you. But if you want him, whistle back at him just to start a conversation or ask him if it's a song or he's just making it up. Or tell him the best whistler.

Speaking of whistlers, I've had two celebrity encounters where I recognized their whistling before I saw them: Ian Anderson and BryanFerry. One in a parking lot one at the airport as I was renting a car. So fun!