Date for 1.5 months

Went out with a guy for 1.5 month. It felt really nice. The guy seemed interested in me as a person....we had sex on fifth date

It was beautiful however, this is the outcome: he says his ex gf contacted him and she is pregnant. He proceeds to let go of me and not seeing me again. I am not sure what to make of this. Was he with her all along? Did I have sex too early? Does he care for me as he says he does? It's bizzare. I hate not progressing with him. Was I a booty call?

His lack of presence is the concrete answer you're seeking. Everything else is speculation or his word.

Did you/he use protection?

IME, what you had sounded like a normal dating experience that ended. That happens. IMO, I wouldn't change a thing, especially if your style has worked for you in the past.

• Like 1

You didn't do anything wrong. You may have been a rebound but it seems like you didn't know much about when his last relationship ended.

If the EX wasn't pregnant he might have made a real go with you. You can't honestly believe that if you hasn't slept with him or had you done something different he would have picked you over his unborn child.

Although it's a cliché here it's true: It's not you. It's him.

• Like 1

You didn't do anything wrong...... he's just a jerk. So sorry you are going through this.

• 4 months later...
  • Author

Why do I give a second chance and then he decides he has no time? So this man reappeared. Hid ex lost the child naturally. He and I meet and we have sex again. Lasted another month and then he freezes me and says he has not time due to work. I kept on asking him to see each other and he would get mad. Finally he says to move on. So I do go out with someone else I told him to meet as I wanted to tell him in person yet he always gives me anger I am suggesting to meet. Anyways I ended up telling him I am dating someone. He was ok with it. Now he proceeded to block me after I said we could have met and he could have been honest. I saw a pic of him at a beach so I said he is not that busy and he could just be honest he was not interested. Anyways he blocked me.

There's no way to know if what he told you was even remotely true, or what the real reasons were for the ghosting which happened right after you had sex. Typically when that happens it's because you were just another notch in his belt, he got what he wanted and he's on to the next. Or, he didn't enjoy the sex and didn't have any chemistry during the act. Happened to me once, after a few weeks of dating a girl I was unsure of. The sex was a bust and I realized midway through I didn't want to see her again.