Jealous of old pictures of my girlfriend

Dating for a few months I'm 30 she's 22, yesterday I found out a lot of pictures of her with her ex on her facebook from a few years ago. I asked her why she keeps them and she said she forgot to delete and that doesn't make any sense since they're not together! Guys, I don't keep pictures of ex girlfriend on social media, to me this is a red flag!

And worst than this, I found out a lot of comments from guys hitting on her pictures last year on instagram and facebook. I thought to myself "She is promiscuous ..." She slept with all these guys? Is she the kind of girl who likes male attention? I'm jealous of this pictures, I know we didn't know each other back then but I'm jealous of the way she used to dress, short skirt, low cut shirts where you can see her boobs, very promiscuous!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

Dating someone for a few months doesn't give you the right to request or expect that your partner whitewashes their past.

Between this and your other threads, it seems like either you're emotionally immature for 30 or you're just not happy with the relationship and you're looking for things to justify eventually breaking it off.

Also, if you keep up this behavior with her, you won't need to worry about her old pictures of ex boyfriends, because you'll also be her ex boyfriend.

• Like 11
happyhusband0005

She might also want to keep them because she likes the way she looks. Guys commenting on her pics even hitting on her via those comments does not mean she slept with them.

I think a lot of women like male attention especially younger women. They like self esteem boost it gives them. Not all but some. It also depends on the kind of attention it is the aggressive cat calling sliming guy attention probably no. Noticing a guy checking them out or a respectful compliment. It doesn't make them loose. The fact you went to shaming her for old pictures paints you in a very negative light.

Try to be proud you have a hot girlfriend.

So the proof that she had sex with them all is.....they liked and/or commented on her pics?

If you really believe that, you need to get into IC.

Edited by GoldenR
  • Like 3

js_77

Perhaps this is just one more reason that you & your college coed aren't meant to be. If you actually thought what you thought about your own GF, you really need to set her free. She does not need to be saddled with a guy who thinks so little of her.

• Like 3
Dating for a few months I'm 30 she's 22, yesterday I found out a lot of pictures of her with her ex on her facebook from a few years ago. I asked her why she keeps them
When your "Dating for a few months", why would you think to even ask "her why she keeps" old photos of her with other men in the past on social media? Maybe if you are together for few years, it might be different, but that is not the case here. If you were dating someone your own age, they would be confident enough to put you in your place for even asking such a thing.
  • Like 1

Sounds like she’s just not the girl for you..women have pasts..she doesn’t deserve to be judged for hers any more than you do. That doesn’t make her promiscuous, it just makes you incompatible.

Might I suggest you try church or temple mixers? I feel like you’ll meet girls more your style there.

Wow. This is about you, not her.

True, everyone has different boundaries in their relationships and social media is a minefield. I have pictures on me and an ex on my fb, I haven't deleted them. They are not in your face and there aren't that many, but they are there. That is my past and I won't pretend it didn't happen. There are some good memories there but it is now over. I don't pine for my ex, it's over for a very, very good reason. For someone to find them now, they'd need to delve far back into my archive of pictures. Why did you do that? What were you looking for?

And how did you bring this up to her? If I was seriously with someone and they asked me to delete those pictures, I might well do that if it made them uncomfortable. But if someone asked aggressively and accused me of something, I might be less willing and start wondering if I'm with the right person.

In terms of other photos, I know many people who post all the selfies and get all the comments (I don't get it myself). Sure, they like the attention, but it comes from men and women. And to assume they have slept with everyone who comments and likes a picture is ludicrous!

You immediate thoughts are she is promiscuous. Why is that? What a person wears does not determine their behaviour and beliefs. A short skirt does not make someone promiscuous and easy. She wears what she wants and likes and does not need to justify that to anyone. That is one slippery slope you are travelling down...

Echoing others here. If you're feeling uncomfortable about the possibility that she has slept with other guys, and how she dresses, then she is not the girl for you. She's 22 and having fun, and she has chosen to date you. There is a reason why she's not with any of those other guys.

She is being a 22 year old college girl...what were you expecting?? I really don't get what you are trying to accomplish here. You are complaining about her on your last thread about pretty much everything. You are calling her names and have nothing nice to say about her. If she is such a horrible GF, dump her already and date someone age appropriate.

• Like 3

You're insecure to a fault. This is YOUR problem, not hers. She's a normal 22 year old girl. If you want to solve this problem, get in therapy to work on your insecurity. You're bordering on controlling and abusive already.

• Like 4

Regardless you suffer from irrational jealousy and need to seek therapy.

• Like 3

I really hope you've told this woman what you think of her. And I hope she tells her friends and family. They will rally around her encourage her to leave you.

• Like 2
She is being a 22 year old college girl...what were you expecting?? I really don't get what you are trying to accomplish here. You are complaining about her on your last thread about pretty much everything. You are calling her names and have nothing nice to say about her. If she is such a horrible GF, dump her already and date someone age appropriate.

Oh, but see, the older, the more miles on them, and he finds that intolerable, so he's stuck dating young.

• Like 2
heavenonearth

Because she dressed the way she likes and because some guys are commenting on her pics on social media, you immediately think she slept with everyone?

You need to get your act together. This is borderline delusional and jealous behavior. On top of that — you are being incredibly sexist.

Also, i would like to remind you of this post from you from November last year:

Hello my friends it's been months since I broke up with my last girlfriend and now I'm dating three girls. Two of them I met on Tinder and the other one is a prostitute! Yes, I paid for sex our first time, I paid her and a few days later she said she wanted to have a casual relationship with me and said I didn't have to pay her anymore, now we're having a casual relationship (I don't pay her anymore, we hang out, she comes to my place, we have sex, etc.)!

About the other two girls I met them on Tinder and we're having a casual relationship too, nothing serious, but one of them is a single mom and I think I'll dump her anyways because I wouldnt have a exclusive relationship with a single mom! I just want to say that I'm only hooking up, hanging out and having fun with these "3 girls"!

Now here it comes the problem, I'm addicted to women and sex and I don't think I can ever be faithful to anyone anymore, I don't know what's wrong with me because I'm losing control of my sexual drive, I just want to have sex with more and more and more "new" women...WTF is wrong with me?!

You are a hypocrite.

End of story.

Edited by heavenonearth
  • Like 4
happyhusband0005
Because she dressed the way she likes and because some guys are commenting on her pics on social media, you immediately think she slept with everyone?

You need to get your act together. This is borderline delusional and jealous behavior. On top of that — you are being incredibly sexist.

You are a hypocrite.

End of story.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

• Author

You are a hypocrite.

End of story.

This was before I met her, so it doesn't matter!

End of story.

• 1 month later...

I think your throwing this out of proportion. I met my husband when I was 22 and he was 34. I always had pics of me in sexy clothing on my FB. He was never offended. I'm 31 and still do. Lol and now I have 2 kids. If a girl wants to feel good about herself then she will want those pics up. No reason to start wearing sweatpants because she has a boyfriend. You seem insecure and jealous. As long as she doesn't cheat if your exclusive who cares.

• Like 1
heavenonearth

End of story.

You don’t think that it matters that you wrote this way about women, that you thought this way about women?

Are you sure you changed this much since you started seeing your girlfriend?

The way you write about her suggests otherwise.

I see the same person with the same distorted view on women and relationships

You said you’ll never be faithful to a woman again - yet now you freak out over pictures in your girlfriends facebooK?

You need a therapist.

• Like 2
bathtub-row

I think basically most women like attention from men.

Trust me, men hitting on a woman on social media doesn't mean a thing. It's also totally plausible that she didn't give any of those pictures a thought and forgot they were even there. You seem to be overly possessive.

The bigger problem here is that you're dating someone who's probably too young for you. If you were both five years advanced into the future, it might be ok. But she's still in 'having fun' mode and you're in 'very serious' mode. Not to mention that the swift conclusions you've drawn about her tell me you've got serious issues with women.

End of story.

Sooo what you did before you met her doesn't matter but what she did before you met does?

• Like 1
heavenonearth
Sooo what you did before you met her doesn't matter but what she did before you met does?

Lol right? This guy with his double standards.

coolheadal
Dating for a few months I'm 30 she's 22, yesterday I found out a lot of pictures of her with her ex on her facebook from a few years ago. I asked her why she keeps them and she said she forgot to delete and that doesn't make any sense since they're not together! Guys, I don't keep pictures of ex girlfriend on social media, to me this is a red flag!

And worst than this, I found out a lot of comments from guys hitting on her pictures last year on instagram and facebook. I thought to myself "She is promiscuous ..." She slept with all these guys? Is she the kind of girl who likes male attention? I'm jealous of this pictures, I know we didn't know each other back then but I'm jealous of the way she used to dress, short skirt, low cut shirts where you can see her boobs, very promiscuous!

My friend forget about what she did in the past she's with you! That's what counts. Now don't make a big deal over the pictures help her remove them off her account on FB if you want too. Ask her if she needed help first don't push it. Everyone keeps pictures of the ex some just don't know how to delete that part of their life. You delete so your okay but she didn't do it. Don't hold that against her either.

I must say you can date anyone 22 or older since your 30 doesn't matter if she's okay with it but remember your going to show her new things and how to live right. Talk to her and don't fight just be the type of guy she never had prior. Try to make it work if you can't then drop and move on. That's the last resort. It's just pictures don't make it a major point in your relationship!

lakerman34

Just gotta trust her.

My 27 year old girlfriend still has photos of her boyfriend on her Facebook, and she keeps Tinder on her phone. I know she never swipes nor looks at it, but she has given me every reason to trust her thus far. Anything short of meeting up with an old fling or meeting up with a guy that just showed up out of nowhere is fine by me.