LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

Do you think my boyfriend is lying?

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st March 2018, 3:39 PM   #16
Established Member

Have you completely lost your mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte30 View Post
We’ve been together 3 years and we have a 1 year old together and the day I caught him doing this our child was with me and he choked me and put me out in front of our son and the girl
Have you completely lost your mind?

Why didn't you call the cops?

Why in the world are you still with this guy?

Do you understand that he is an abuser and he should have been arrested?

Do you understand that he could have hurt the child as well?
BluesPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 3:45 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
We’ve been together 3 years and we have a 1 year old together and the day I caught him doing this our child was with me and he choked me and put me out in front of our son and the girl
Um, that seems like some relatively important information that should have maybe been included in your original past. If that’s the case, why were you even back there, and why does it matter if he’s lying or not?
CardsFan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 3:46 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Not only is he LYING, he's abusing you. He assaulted you. Instead of posting here you should have called the cops & had him arrested.

Please get away from this man before he kills you.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 3:57 PM   #19

The only reason I didn’t is because I pushed him in his chest first because I was hurt that when he started choking me and I was telling him I couldn’t breath and he wouldn’t stop
Charlotte30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 4:00 PM   #20
Established Member

That was terrible of him to do that to you. That said, if you give him the opportunity do do it again, that’s on you. He’s cheating on you, and physically abusing you. No sane person would continue in that relationship.
CardsFan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 4:01 PM   #21
Established Member

Like d0nnivain said...

Quote:
The only reason I didn’t is because I pushed him in his chest first because I was hurt that when he started choking me and I was telling him I couldn’t breath and he wouldn’t stop
Like d0nnivain said...

Get away from this guy before he kills you.
BluesPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 4:27 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
So what you pushed him???? You think you pushing him deserves being choked? You need to report this to the police, and please be a better mother!! Allowing your baby to be in the presence of a violent man is not being a good mother. Who will take care of your child if he kills you?! Thousands of women are killed by their boyfriends each year!! and you are playing with your life and the life of your child.
Old 1st March 2018, 4:30 PM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
I guess it's hard for you to be objective because it's a lot to consider at once, but I don't think you'll find one person on this board who wouldn't tell you to call the police and report him choking you and then contacting a women's shelter or using police resources to get yourself to a secret safe place with your child.

Choking is an indication that he is capable of killing you. I'm not exaggerating. People who will choke will kill. It's not like how some couples brawl. That's bad, but this is worse. And if you don't take your child and get it out of this home and get him prosecuted and leave him, then unfortunately, you will be in danger of losing your child because it shouldn't be in this home at all, no matter how much you think you protect it. It shouldn't be there. You owe this child to take it and get out. Call the police on him.
Old 1st March 2018, 8:02 PM   #24

Thanks everyone for your advice I knew in my heart his story didn’t sound right and you’re right I need to get me and my son far away from him
Charlotte30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 8:45 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
I popped up at my boyfriend house and when I got there he was in his boxers and this girl was sitting at his kitchen table fully clothes and when I went in his bedroom the girl had a overnight bag in his room . He told me she was just a friend and we got into a huge fight and I left but the next day he claims that she was just a friend and she lives out of town and her child was in the children’s hospital here and she just wanted to take a shower.do u think this is a lie or u think he could be telling the truth because why was the bag in his room and not the other bedroom or even bathroom
I'll just mention this one thing - it is possible to have friends of the opposite sex. However, whatever he does with his opposite sex friend, he needed to be 100% open and honest to you about what he was up to. If he truly had nothing to hide, he would have told you this girl was coming over and worked out a way to ensure you were comfortable with it.

Quote:
Please, run. The moment this happens is the moment it's considered domestic violence. Don't ever put up with being treated like that. Sure you pushing him is perhaps not great, but to me that's a grey area that can be de-escalated as a once off. To say that choking is crossing the line is a massive understatement. The safety of you and your child is paramount.
snowboy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 8:53 PM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your advice I knew in my heart his story didn’t sound right and you’re right I need to get me and my son far away from him
As far and as fast as possible. See a Lawyer and know your rights t child support. That is about as far as you ever need to get to him again.

I am sorry it happened, but now you know.In the future, anytime a partner or spouse says "anything including the word "Just" in reference to shady behavior or another person you don't know or are on the fence about...hop off that fence and run screaming into the night as far and as fast as you can. And file a DV charge and name the girl as a witness and subpoena her to testify
Old 1st March 2018, 9:18 PM   #27
S2B
Established Member

Quote:
Yep - but before you do file for child support. Do that immediately!

If you file a police report you may be able to keep his visitations supervised - so he doesn't also harm your child.
S2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 9:20 PM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
the day I caught him doing this our child was with me and he choked me and put me out in front of our son and the girl
Um... Hello. Regardless of whether he is sleeping with this other girl, you need to put him out because choking someone is unacceptable. This man is probably a cheater, and he is an abuser. You have spent 3 years with him already... not a single day more.
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:10 AM   #29

Quote:
Goodness gracious, after this, who cares if he's cheating (which he, of course, is)?? Dump him and get full custody and a restraining order immediately!!!
CatMinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 11:27 AM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
You need to get yourself far away from him because he is physically abusive. That is the number one reason. If he isn't abusive to his son it wouldn't be fair to your son to not let him see his Dad. Children need both of their parents. You need to move on to someone else because he has absolutely no respect for you and he and that girl were definitely getting it on.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote