LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

Do you think my boyfriend is lying?

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st March 2018, 3:11 AM   #1

Do you think my boyfriend is lying?

I popped up at my boyfriend house and when I got there he was in his boxers and this girl was sitting at his kitchen table fully clothes and when I went in his bedroom the girl had a overnight bag in his room . He told me she was just a friend and we got into a huge fight and I left but the next day he claims that she was just a friend and she lives out of town and her child was in the childrenís hospital here and she just wanted to take a shower.do u think this is a lie or u think he could be telling the truth because why was the bag in his room and not the other bedroom or even bathroom
Charlotte30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 4:00 AM   #2
Established Member

He is definitely 100% lying to you through his teeth.

Dump him. He is cheating on you.
Old 1st March 2018, 5:26 AM   #3
Established Member

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm afraid he is absolutely lying. He came up with the "children's hospital" excuse after he's had time to think one up after you left that night.

Break up with him and don't speak to him again. Do not contact him, and do not respond to any contact from him. He doesn't deserve to have you in his life.

I know this doesn't change anything, or make things any less horrible, but the silver lining in this situation is that you happened to catch him. Otherwise you might never have found out, and he could've gotten away with cheating on you.
NomiMalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 11:05 AM   #4
Established Member

It is highly suspicious. Even if her kid was in the hospital, her bag should have been in the other bedroom & he would have told you about her presence before she arrived. It was in his room because she was sharing his bed.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 11:28 AM   #5
Established Member

Other bedroom available, her bag in his, him in boxers in front of her, didn't let you know this dear friend was in town. As close to 100% chance as you can get without actually seeing the act that he has a sexual relationship with her.
Old 1st March 2018, 12:27 PM   #6
Established Member

Yes, he is lying...

Yes, he is lying... no doubt.

You need to dump him, I am sorry.

If you guys are long-term and exclusive, this is not the guy.

I am sorry.

You need to move on...
BluesPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 12:42 PM   #7

He was saying in front of her that sheís just a friend but he got real angry at me and I asked the girl to leave so me and him could talk and she said she didnít have to go anywhere.He is mad and blaming me saying heís going to keep his distance because Iím ruining his friendships and acting crazy when I didnít know what was really going on
Old 1st March 2018, 12:53 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte30 View Post
He was saying in front of her that sheís just a friend but he got real angry at me and I asked the girl to leave so me and him could talk and she said she didnít have to go anywhere.He is mad and blaming me saying heís going to keep his distance because Iím ruining his friendships and acting crazy when I didnít know what was really going on
Absolutely do NOT let him make you feel like you are in the wrong here. He is lying to you.
grassisorisntgreener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 12:54 PM   #9
Established Member

What is going on...

Quote:
What is going on... is that he is a cheating liar.

She is his FB, but she does not give a rats a&& what you think.

Like I said, dump him. There are a million guys out there...
BluesPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 1:06 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:

Not only is he a liar but he's a gaslighter. He thinks you are stupid & he has no respect for you. Have some respect for yourself & walk away.

I'm serious if she was only a friend, when she informed him that her son was in the hospital & needed a place to stay he would have told you at a minimum. If nothing was going on he could have given her his keys & stayed with you while she was at his place.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 1:30 PM   #11
Established Member

If he hadn't been hiding something, he certainly would have told you the sad story before she showed up about the friend whose poor child was in the hospital. I mean, if he's your bf, seems like a pretty obvious conversation, right?

He's lying. I will say this: Even IF she had a kid in the hospital, he didn't tell you she was coming because he hoped something might happen between them.
Old 1st March 2018, 2:43 PM   #12
Established Member

Okay...So he IS screwing another chick. Yup.
And the fact that they acted all nonchalant about it is disturbing.
Since your not married, you can do two things...Ghost his butt and leave. Or, you act nonchalant about it as well, and start dating and having guys over. After all, they're just friends right?
BarbedFenceRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 2:56 PM   #13
Established Member

Welcome to LS and sorry for your experience. Human relations vary widely.

Since you don't share a home or children, I'd leave things as they are and go quiet and decline contact.

As an older and far more cynical person, I've come to enjoy seeing just how creative liars can be. It's kinda fun playing with them. However, you're looking for a healthy dating partner so no sense in using this for entertainment purposes. Accept that the whole scenario is highly suspect, his care and compassion for you is remarkably low, and process that as you see fit.

As mentioned, there are many other guys out there and this experience can be a great lesson in 'guy stuff'. Make use of it. Good luck!
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 3:11 PM   #14
Established Member

Heís lying. But Iím curious, how long have you been together? I find it hard to imagine that if you were in a serious relationship you wouldnít have already have known who this friend was, if they are close enough for her to just swing by and take a shower.
CardsFan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 3:28 PM   #15

Weíve been together 3 years and we have a 1 year old together and the day I caught him doing this our child was with me and he choked me and put me out in front of our son and the girl