I just don't understand him. Maybe because I was never really in a relationship...

So there's this guy in my class. He was always kind of around but only since last February has he been on my mind since we both decided to go to this internship together for our senior year of school. We decided to go to the same location, and I thought he was a chill person. Originally, I was supposed to live with him, his girlfriend and another friend while at this internship together. At the time I didn't know him and his girlfriend were in an open relationship, and not that it affected how I saw him but it was something I never really knew about. Well I guess maybe two weeks after, he started displaying signs of jealousy. But it was weird signs because he would be very obvious in showing it. For example, one guy came and sat next to me during a seminar even though he put his stuff next to mine, and when he came back around he sat behind us and started being obnoxious so I asked if he wanted to move to the other side of the room. When we go there, he said "I can't believe that guy stole my seat" and kept talking about how he didn't like that guy. There were other instances as well, but let's just say it was all really out of the blue. And mind you, he went home to his girlfriend every night. They basically lived together at his house. Slowly, over time I started to develop feelings for him. And it was getting bad. I couldn't study or think straight around him. He showed so much confidence, everyone in our school liked him, he would flirt all the time with other girls and it made me all the more attracted to him. But it felt like it was all contrived. For the longest time, he kept insisting I go places with him and his girlfriend, and even though I had a bad feeling about it I would go to these school events. It took me way later in the semester to realize that he was trying to use me to make her jealous. He tried to drop cake on my boob in front of her when all our friends were over for a birthday party so that he could try to make her angry or something. I just don't get it. Ever since then I decided I couldn't live with him, especially because of my feelings towards him and who knows what he would try to do to me to make her jealous. Now I work with him every day. I see him every day. And I don't understand him. I feel like I'm half in love with this idiot. We don't really speak anymore. I think he really doesn't know why, he hasn't asked or anything so I think he's just over it. On top of that, he's still showing signs of jealousy. He doesn't like it when I talk to other guys, mention other guys, etc. But it's sad because he has a thing for not wanting people to leave him - which is why whenever I plan to hang out with my best friend and her boyfriend he always somehow invites himself to come and just kind of watches us. I can't say I'm totally innocent in this either, because since I know he gets extremely jealous I'm usually super nice to whatever dude is nearby just to get back at him. But I'm not really looking to hook up with anyone just to prove my point, if you know what I mean. I just don't know what to do. It feels like him always watching over me and making sure I'm not talking to any other guy is kinda cute, and loving in a way, even though I know it's not - it's just his insecurity. I feel so much around him, I think about him constantly and now I'm extremely jealous because he goes home to his girlfriend every night. And who knows how much sex they're having. They have been on and off together since middle school, she's way hotter than me and I know there's no way he would leave his girlfriend to be with me. he does this thing where he keeps hinting to me that he's not that into her, he says she's really ghetto/uneducated and I think he has some superiority complex where he thinks he deserves someone better than her. My best friend thinks he's not that into her, but when I see them together he's always holding her hand and being really touchy with her. He's kind of controlling over her too, she basically cooks and cleans their apartment all day, and she even had to look for a new job to be with him. It's frustrating me. Does he care about me? Does he want to be with me? I just don't understand what's going through his mind. If I could classify him I would think he's really selfish because he wants to play the field and string me along and make me wait for him until he decides he's ready. Maybe he's a narcissist who thinks he can be with two girls at once because I KNOW he can tell I'm into him. So then why is he still so jealous of me being with other guys? Why does he keep inviting himself to things that I'm doing when I'm hanging out with other guys in our class? Maybe I just need a guy's perspective on this - what is he thinking?

Edited by drncharly13

He's not thinking anything. He's a guy who thrives on attention. You gave him attention & he pouted when you were distracted by other guys. None of this is about him caring about you. It's all about you feeding his ego.

• Like 1

Wow. This guy sounds really really immature.

Forget about this boy sounds like you can do a lot better, find yourself a man.

• Like 2
What is he thinking?

That he doesn't know why all his friends call him a Drama Queen.

He probably was given time outs by his parents when they should have whipped him with a section of Hot Wheels track(Hot Wheels tracks are unforgiving on your ass, my mother whipped me with them or broke yardsticks on my back so I know the feeling lol)

That's why he is a drama queen.

run screaming

Know this. If he wanted to be with you he would break up with his girl and pursue you for a girlfriend. He would tell you he wanted you and you wouldn't have to guess. He knows perfectly well how you feel about him and is using it for his own selfish reasons.

• Like 1
  • Author
He's not thinking anything. He's a guy who thrives on attention. You gave him attention & he pouted when you were distracted by other guys. None of this is about him caring about you. It's all about you feeding his ego.

I think you nailed it on the head with this one. My friend had told me this too and I never really believed her, so I guess I was just an idiot. Thanks for the advice.

• Author
That he doesn't know why all his friends call him a Drama Queen.

He probably was given time outs by his parents when they should have whipped him with a section of Hot Wheels track(Hot Wheels tracks are unforgiving on your ass, my mother whipped me with them or broke yardsticks on my back so I know the feeling lol)

That's why he is a drama queen.

run screaming

Hahahahaha. Too true I guess. I was hit with bamboo, which can be unforgiving. Thanks for the advice.

Edited by drncharly13