LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

Feeling jealous is normal but when it's too much?

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th January 2018, 9:08 AM   #1
Established Member

Feeling jealous is normal but when it's too much?

As a guy I have been jealous many times in my life. Im scared that girl I like at that moment will find someone else, so I stalk her activity on social media. Sometimes im having some sort of panic attack if I find something suspicious and dont know what should I do.

Girls I have met and maybe slept with, but not liked them that much, I still feel jealous if they find someone else or is having sex.

Even girls I have never met, who I have snapped or texted with, maybe exhanged some nudes with, I feel jealous if they have sex with someone else.

What is your opinion on this?
grazyexes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 9:24 AM   #2
Established Member

You're not describing jealousy; more like obsessive compulsive behaviour or hyper anxiety. You can't control what other people do, so you shouldn't even try. You need to figure out why you are acting that way.

Also, why are you exchanging nude photos with women you don't know?
littleblackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 9:29 AM   #3
Established Member

Jealousy is not normal. Rather, it is the sign of an anxious and insecure person and/or an unhealthy relationship. In a healthy relationship, there is trust, love, and respect.

I would not date you, if you had these jealous and obsessive tendencies.

Last edited by BaileyB; 17th January 2018 at 9:57 AM..
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 10:16 AM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post
Jealousy is not normal. Rather, it is the sign of an anxious and insecure person and/or an unhealthy relationship. In a healthy relationship, there is trust, love, and respect.

I would not date you, if you had these jealous and obsessive tendencies.
I trust my girls when im in a relationship, but girls im having fun with and date is different story. I don't know if it is jealousy or just me want to have all that attention and when I lose one, I feel strange.

I always date more than one girl until im in a relationship with someone I really like.
grazyexes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2018, 11:52 AM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazyexes View Post
I always date more than one girl until im in a relationship with someone I really like.
I was literally just going to post to say that jealous people usually get jealous because they know what they would be doing, so they assume the other person will be doing the same kinds of things. And then I saw you wrote this, which just confirms it.

Like one of the previous repliers, I also wouldn't date someone who gets easily jealous. It's a very strong sign that they are likely to be sleeping around etc.

You need to realise that if it's fine for you to date multiple girls until you've decided, then you have no right to be upset if they're doing the same thing. If you can internalize that then you might be able to reduce these jealous feelings.
sdraw108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 12:29 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazyexes View Post
As a guy I have been jealous many times in my life. Im scared that girl I like at that moment will find someone else, so I stalk her activity on social media. Sometimes im having some sort of panic attack if I find something suspicious and dont know what should I do.

Girls I have met and maybe slept with, but not liked them that much, I still feel jealous if they find someone else or is having sex.

Even girls I have never met, who I have snapped or texted with, maybe exhanged some nudes with, I feel jealous if they have sex with someone else.

What is your opinion on this?
You are young, and you are a guy....

We guys have fragile egos especially when we are young. A glance by someone we like at another guy usually makes us cringe.

You are a guy, you'll get older, more mature, and it won't bother you as much when you get shot down.

Happens to all of us some time.

You'll be fine.
Old 18th January 2018, 11:21 AM   #7
Established Member

I think you need to change things about yourself....like stop depending on social media/SC and all that crap for sexual gratification. You are obsessing over sex/girls. If you had some hobbies, played sports, focus on other things this wouldn't be an issue at all. By removing yourself from this lifestyle, you won't feel you are "missing out".

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 12:37 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
I think you need to change things about yourself....like stop depending on social media/SC and all that crap for sexual gratification. You are obsessing over sex/girls. If you had some hobbies, played sports, focus on other things this wouldn't be an issue at all. By removing yourself from this lifestyle, you won't feel you are "missing out".
Social Media...helping horny guys rub one out with reckless abandon since 1997...lol
Space Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2018, 9:01 PM   #9
Established Member

Perhaps girls you're dating do the same as you and date other guys until they're in a relationship.

All this exchange of nudes is also immature... school kids are told not to do that.