LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

I am not sure how to handle this

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2017, 4:58 PM   #46
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negan View Post
Just out of curiosity, what do you think constitutes a girlfriend?
Not exactly sure what to call her, hence my use of inverted commas.

What did she actually apologise for though?
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 5:19 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine567 View Post
Not exactly sure what to call her, hence my use of inverted commas.

What did she actually apologise for though?
For basically bringing me to a wedding as her guest, leaving me there to fend for myself, and then sleeping with someone else.
Negan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 5:22 PM   #48
Established Member

Does it even really matter? The girl betrayed his trust. They were not exclusive, but he was genuine enough to "help" her out and attend some Bull -ish wedding. He was scammed into going as he was leverage for some other guy and bravo points for not showing up stag!
He goes to the bar (007 Style) mind you and finds a bridesmaid distressed and shocked. The story flows...He bolts.

Fast forward to now....He is "sought out" by bridesmaid and talked a few times. Even if nothing happens. He is solid gold. The girl has got the goods on a decent gentleman and EVERYONE is going to know this. (Your setup real pretty OP)

Just have fun and keep being you. Other chick is a C-word, and you are pure gold. King Midas type. Keep it going bro.
BarbedFenceRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 5:34 PM   #49
Established Member

Quote:
So the bridesmaid who originally tipped me off about what was going on has contacted me on Facebook. We have been talking, texting, and even been out a few times. Should I feel guilty?
Guilty, no. But it does sound like a bit of game playing going on.

I understand from your perspective this may give you a bit of an ego boost to make you feel like you are getting one over on her with her friend, but I am wondering what this friend's agenda is?

Regardless of what happened, hooking up with you straight afterwards makes me question her character as well. She would know this will get back to her at some point and cause problems among their friends, which would suggest she either has an axe to grind or she loves causing drama herself.

Personally I would try and avoid getting involved in messy situations like this.
Scarlett.O'hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 5:41 PM   #50
Established Member

Quote:
For basically bringing me to a wedding as her guest, leaving me there to fend for myself, and then sleeping with someone else.
Negan I think this is as nicely anyone could have stated what she had actually done. Good job man.

As regards to the bridesmaid that you are seeing now. She is well worth getting to know I think. For her to do the right thing even at the risk of her friendship speaks volumes. Also she might not regret losing such a friend that would do what she did.
usa1ah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 6:42 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett.O'hara View Post
Guilty, no. But it does sound like a bit of game playing going on.

I understand from your perspective this may give you a bit of an ego boost to make you feel like you are getting one over on her with her friend, but I am wondering what this friend's agenda is?

Regardless of what happened, hooking up with you straight afterwards makes me question her character as well. She would know this will get back to her at some point and cause problems among their friends, which would suggest she either has an axe to grind or she loves causing drama herself.

Personally I would try and avoid getting involved in messy situations like this.
Although I didn't word it properly, I tend to agree. I am not saying this to be arrogant, but I do get hit on a lot. I thought about her having an axe to grind, but I am also thinking maybe she felt bad? All's fair in love and war? Maybe I should ask her.
Old 18th December 2017, 7:48 PM   #52
Established Member

To be honest, my first instinct was to think highly of her for doing the right thing and telling you what was going on, but now I'm not so sure she did it for the right reasons.

I have a strong suspicion that she plays just as dirty as her friend does. I wouldn't want to get caught up in it, but you're a grown man, so I'm sure you know what you're doing.

If you have plenty of other offers though, you might be better off exploring them.
Old 18th December 2017, 7:53 PM   #53
Established Member

Quote:
So the bridesmaid who originally tipped me off about what was going on has contacted me on Facebook. We have been talking, texting, and even been out a few times. Should I feel guilty?
Hell yeah, that's why told you to look for her. In this case she found.

Maybe she does have an axe to grind. I think it's great.
jay1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 7:59 PM   #54

Quote:
To be honest, my first instinct was to think highly of her for doing the right thing and telling you what was going on, but now I'm not so sure she did it for the right reasons.

I have a strong suspicion that she plays just as dirty as her friend does. I wouldn't want to get caught up in it, but you're a grown man, so I'm sure you know what you're doing.

If you have plenty of other offers though, you might be better off exploring them.
When I see her tomorrow, I am going to see what she has to say. I will gauge her words and take it from there.
Old 18th December 2017, 8:02 PM   #55
Established Member

Quote:

Totally agree. It sounds good on paper that she warned you, but the bigger picture makes us wonder WHY she warned you and then wanted to hit you up. Im sensing some type of scheme.
Jdoublenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 8:13 PM   #56

Well, I think she warned me because what her friend was doing was pretty messed up and I think she wanted to let me know. That is how I see it anyway.

There are a lot of what if's about her not warning me. What if this girl I went to the wedding with came back to the room had I not left after sleeping and messing around with the other guy. I would of had no idea. What if I slept with her that same night? Health concerns, and other things. Waking up the next morning and her doing the walk of of shame unbeknownst to me while I look the fool.

I think she had good intentions warning me.
Old 18th December 2017, 8:21 PM   #57

Definitely beyond a red flag. That is unacceptable behavior and how can you possibly see how it could get any better? Sorry - time to move on.
ZoeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 8:34 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeGirl View Post
Definitely beyond a red flag. That is unacceptable behavior and how can you possibly see how it could get any better? Sorry - time to move on.
I think you should read the the thread in it's entirety.
Old 18th December 2017, 11:07 PM   #59
Established Member

Negan I can not think why the girl that informed you has come under fire.

Sorry I just have a hard time beating someone down after they have done a good turn.

If she was attracted to you at the time does it make her actions any less sincere.
usa1ah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2017, 1:05 AM   #60
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1ah View Post
Negan I can not think why the girl that informed you has come under fire.

Sorry I just have a hard time beating someone down after they have done a good turn.

If she was attracted to you at the time does it make her actions any less sincere.
I also thought she did him a good turn, but the rest of her actions sound like shady friendship behavior.

I see the potential for him to get caught up in some messy frenemy drama. Some people get off on that type of drama, others are repelled by it. He can make up his mind if it is worth the risk.