Should Karma go for him or Forgive him?

Few weeks ago, My Ex-crush and Now-Ex-Boyfriend had proposed me over messages. We were talking about why HIS crush didn't accept him and the conversation led to him asking whether I can be his GF or no. I playfully challenged him that he should propose me the way he proposed his crush which he accepted. The things he wrote were too romantic for me to not melt and I warned him to stop.... Somehow, it led to me confessing my feelings for him and we dating. Things were going smoothly for a week when suddenly started acting different. I suspected that he still liked his crush. We talked about it

He told me that it isn't true. He DOES have a very LITTLE feelings for her but he LOVES me. I tried my 100% to make him special on his birthday as well. But...at times he used to spend more time with his crush. I thought I should believe him rather than suspect him.

Within 3 weeks, he told me that he wanna be friends. I asked whether it's because of his crush to which he replies "no, i love you but i am not comfortable with commitments"

The very next morning (maybe he was feeling bad) he confessed that he has feelings for his crush...he loves me but he loves her too. He was infatuated with me. From my friends i got to know that he was perusing his crush DURING our relationship. I THINK...he probably left me because he SUCCESSFULLY MADE HER LOVE HIM and being in a relationship with me won't open his opportunity of him being with his crush. They aren't officially in a relationship but they both like each other (his crush recently broke up with my ex-ex crush) idk whether the CRUSH is truthful with her feelings or not...i highly doubt it.

What do you think....should he be punished by karma? Did he do wrong? Should I forgive him?

When he thought he couldn't have her, he started dating you. When she became available through a break up, he made a choice. Unfortunately for you, his choice was her. Yes, that is a rotten thing to do to you. Perhaps karma will bite him for it in the future but you are not privileged to punish him.

You don't need to forgive him but you would be well served to forget him

• Like 4

What do you think....should he be punished by karma? Did he do wrong? Should I forgive him?

Karma doesn't exist. Yes he did wrong. Yes you should forgive him, but only so that you can move on.

• Like 2

It is what it is. I'm sure if you were in his position you would find yourself doing the same thing. When we are obsessed, we have a one track mind...what we desire most. He tried to move on, but he was kidding himself. When she started to give him attention he couldn't help himself. It just worked out that way.

It was only for a couple of weeks...hardly a life time invested.

Just remember this: Go by their actions, not what they tell you because it's easy to lie.

Oh and don't date guys that are emotionally invested in someone else despite what they tell you.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 3
  • Author
It is what it is. I'm sure if you were in his position you would find yourself doing the same thing. When we are obsessed, we have a one track mind...what we desire most. He tried to move on, but he was kidding himself. When she started to give him attention he couldn't help himself. It just worked out that way.

It was only for a couple of weeks...hardly a life time invested.

Just remember this: Go by their actions, not what they tell you because it's easy to lie.

Oh and don't date guys that are emotionally invested in someone else despite what they tell you.

He sometimes say that he "partially loves me" or he "still loves me"

I am very confused because of his actions

Karma doesn't exist. Yes he did wrong. Yes you should forgive him, but only so that you can move on.

Bolded, I disagree. I called my workmate a 'cripple'(in jest-he laughed) early last week, he'd torn ligaments in his knee and was on crutches. Friday I trip and break my ankle!!

OP, what a rotten thing to do, I hope he gets his dose of karma.

Karma who? Yes. That's up to you.

Karma is like God (god). Seems to be too unpredictable and too hands-off. So, personally, I don't rely on nor put 'faith in' either to make the world more just or 'balanced.'

If you believe in karma, your question is moot. He will be, right? You have no say in that, correct? He was certainly wrong about using you and at least emotionally cheating on you while LYING about his feeling about his 'crush.'

As for forgiving him, that is up to you. Do you feel that you need to?

He sometimes say that he "partially loves me" or he "still loves me"

I am very confused because of his actions

You should but your foot "Partially Up his Arse" and kick him to the curb for good. And don't look back.

Life is far too short to buy into this low drama your ex boyfriend is selling. There are guys out there who will not play such childish games, I promise you.

• Like 1

Karma doesn't need your blessing to do its job.

My advice is to leave them all alone. It sounds incestuous with all these ex ex ex ex crushes and whatnot. Messy messy messy.

• Like 1
He sometimes say that he "partially loves me"

If he's not 100%, leave him alone. You're just something to mark time with if he can't be 100% with you..