I cheated on the girl I love

I'm 20 years old and currently in college. I have been dating my girlfriend for 1.5 years and got extremely drunk and slept with a random girlie last night. I love this girl with all my heart and I have no idea what came over me. I can barely even look at myself a day later and would do anything to be able to re-do the past weekend. I love my girlfriend so much, if anything, this has made me realize how important she is to me. I can't even imagine what life would belike without her and how much this would devastate her. At the same time, she deserves the truth. However, there is a 100% chance she will never find out unless I told her. So do I tell her the truth, and probably end our relationship and devastate her? Or do I keep the guilt to myself, never do it again (100% true, the thought of another woman almost makes me want to vomit right now), and be the best boyfriend imaginable?

I have no idea what came over me.

A girl came on to you and you wanted to sleep with her, so you did it.

First stage is accepting what you did, and not using I don't know why's or I couldn't stop it.

You're a bloke and you had sex with someone who's not your girl.

Tell her then if you're lucky she will take you back, but she will probably dump you but let this be a lesson. Walk away from free sex.

• Like 2
I love this girl with all my heart and I have no idea what came over me.

No you don't love her. You simply wanted to stick your Schwanze in someone else because the opportunity presented itself.

The fact that you want to keep it all from her for your own selfish purposes is proof positive.

Dude, grow a pair, tell her what you did and leave the ball in her court to determine the direction of her own life. You have lost that right. And you now are shopping for someone to advocate your plans, which will eventually backfire. I doubt you have the gumption to be able to carry this off without getting busted. If you can't keep it in your pants, you can't keep a secret.

• Like 1

The decent thing to do is tell your gf and let her decide what to do about it. Hiding things from her is not a good start to a lasting relationship. Perhaps you should also ask yourself why you cheated on her if you love her so much?

• Like 1

You need to accept responsibility for your actions and tell your gilfriend what happened. Then, you deal with the consequences.

In the future, be more responsible for your drinking. And - let's not blame the alcohol entirely. It certainly affected your judgment, but the decision to sleep with another woman is your responsibility to own.

• Like 1

Just tell her and be done with it. My ex cheated on me and broke up with me out of the blue without any details, then left me hanging for weeks as I tried getting answers. It was more painful not knowing. You owe it to her and accept any consequences.

Edited by smackie9

Couldn't control yourself this time, what makes you so sure it won't happen again next time? Come clean, don't disrespect her even more by lying to her.

Seems this was a drive by poster, if they show up and would like to have the thread reopened then alert on a post and ask.

Thanks