Does he like me?

Hi.

I need some advise.

Last year I was in Australia as an exchange student for a few months and met a guy I really liked. We flirted a lot but never were in a relationship as I was only there for a short time and we couldn't see it working out.

Anyway, I knew I was coming back for a year this year and we kept flirting over text all year. He gave me a lot of hints that he liked me. For example he was talking about an event to which he was going to and where all of his friends took their crush. Later on he added that he wished I was there so that he could take me.

I know that there are other girls who have a crush on him but he said he wouldn't really care about them. When one of the girls made a move on him he told me about it and said that he didn't want to give her the wrong impression and that I had nothing to worry about.

Also he joked about his friends making fun of him because he talked about me that much. As I had stayed in touch with some of his friends I asked about it and they said that everyone thinks he has a huge crush on me especially as he hadn't really dated a girl all year.

Now I've been back in Australia for two months and I still have a huge crush on him. The way he acts makes me think that he likes me and wants to be in a relationship with me. I'll explain why.

First of all I talked to one of his closest friends and she said that he had a crush on me and wouldn't stop talking about me. Actually most of his friends think we had already been dating last year and kinda are in a relationship this year and just don't have it official yet. Same with his parents who he briefly introduced me to.

Secondly, he is texting me heaps and simply flirts with me whenever I'm around.

Thirdly, he gets jealous. I was talking to a guy on a party and he got really annoyed about it. When I asked why he said that the other guy tried to chat me up and that I was naive if I didn't realise he was trouble. I was pretty mad because he didn't have any trust in me. The next day he texted me, said he was sorry and that he did have trust in me and just overreacted. But he also seems to be a bit jealous whenever I mention that I'm talking to a guy back home.

Most of all he is planning long-term stuff with me. His family invited me for an important family event in November. It was his idea to go on a trip together at the end of the year. And he was talking about travelling back to my country with me so he can meet my family and friends. He also mentioned that he thinks that long distance relationships can work out...

He seems to really like me but he simply doesn't ask me out. We do spend a lot of time together but mostly his friends are around. He takes me to parties with him and organises smaller day trips on which I wanted to go with him and his friends. But he doesn't ask me for a date! He's not a shy person at all. Even though he's flirting with me and isn't dating any other girl he just doesn't make a move on me. I don't know why...? Any explanation? Do I misinterpret all these things?

Help!!!

He sounds totally clueless and immature to me. I mean, who doesn't know the steps to dating and being with a woman? He sounds like he has zero experience and apparently hasn't ever seen a romcom.

He appears interested though even when a

shy man can get this close to a woman he is

going to want dates, hugs, and lots of kisses.

So what is holding him back?

This is a huge red flag that must not be

ignored but talked about with him.

Calmly talk with him about how can he have

long term goals with you when he has not

made the move to date you and be BF and GF.

Also I do not know where you country is but

are you willing to relocate to his?

Really simple one he's already assumes you and him are dating/hanging out with him and his friends, your in a relationship since you be texting since you were last time you had left for home. If you really wanted a date with him one on one you need to tug his ear lob to mention that to him. To him it's okay that he takes you along with him and his friends out to parties is like sort of date but with extra people around. So he's acting right but you make him aware you want to go out with him without his friends in tow..