Why did she ignore my text and keep talking?

She sent me a video clip of her watching Game of Thrones. I found this strange because she once told me it was too "geeky" for her when I recommended it to her.

She said she likes it a lot.

Anyway, I sent her a message saying I didn't want to bother her and hope she'd enjoy it.

She pretty much ignored that and kept talking.

Why?

What do you mean, why? You said, I don't want to bother you, meaning no need to respond in any way or be interrupted by me. You are way overthinking things here.

You were not bothering her and wanted to keep the conversation going. She wanted to keep chatting with you....that's positive. Maybe she should have said "Oh no you are not bothering me...I like talking to you" Would that have made a difference?

Maybe she thought you were trying to blow her off and she didn't want that, so she ignored your message.

She sent me a video clip of her watching Game of Thrones. I found this strange because she once told me it was too "geeky" for her when I recommended it to her.

She said she likes it a lot.

Anyway, I sent her a message saying I didn't want to bother her and hope she'd enjoy it.

She pretty much ignored that and kept talking.

Why?

Did you want her to stop talking to you?

• Author
What do you mean, why? You said, I don't want to bother you, meaning no need to respond in any way or be interrupted by me. You are way overthinking things here.

And she ignored it and carried on talking to me.

I genuinely thought it'd be bothering her if I kept sending texts to her when she was watching a film. I know it can be annoying.

• Author
Did you want her to stop talking to you?

No. I like her, I just didn't think it'd be nice for her to keep getting annoying messages from me when she's trying to watch a film. I thought sending the message would be nice... but she ignored it, so it took me aback a bit.

• Author
You were not bothering her and wanted to keep the conversation going. She wanted to keep chatting with you....that's positive. Maybe she should have said "Oh no you are not bothering me...I like talking to you" Would that have made a difference?

Maybe she thought you were trying to blow her off and she didn't want that, so she ignored your message.

I guess that's what I was expecting to hear, but I was also thinking she might send "We'll speak later" or something of the sort.

I hope she didn't think I was trying to blow her off... I like her.

No. I like her, I just didn't think it'd be nice for her to keep getting annoying messages from me when she's trying to watch a film. I thought sending the message would be nice... but she ignored it, so it took me aback a bit.

What a bizarre thread this is.

A girl you likes wants to keep the conversation going and you were confused enough by this to ask why :confused: So strange.

Maybe she kept chatting because she finds you more interesting than Game Of Thrones. That is a *good* thing.

And maybe she didn't directly acknowledge your "polite" text because she thought keeping the conversation going would send the same message.

• Like 1

Wait... what? Time Out..

Come on man.....

Don't send the nice guy vibes yet. That is a one way ticket to the friend zone.

Be a take charge type and don't let her start thinking you'd be better off as friends if you like her like you say you do. Don't be so tentative and "Aw Shucks". It may seem charming for about 2 minutes...then...well you get the idea.

Show me a guy that has made this same mistake to someone they really liked, and I'll show you just about every guy that has ever lived...lol

Good Luck

• Like 1

Translation:

"First, I didn't like Game of Thrones, but I like you to recommend me things, and I want to show you that I can change my mind, when it's about you."

"I think you are to geeky. I made enough signs that I like you, ignoring all your stupid "I don't bother you" stuff. Do you think I would have wasted my time talking to someone I don't like? So please stop wondering around yourself, come over and kiss me already!"

• Like 2

I don't understand what the problem is here, OP.

Your line of thinking is...odd. She didn't specifically reply to that message, but she kept talking to you. That is a good thing. I can't see how you are distraught about this.

• Like 2