Is it strange if your boyfriend never gets jealous about anything?

babybrowns

I have a great boyfriend whom I have been with for about 7 months. It's just that sometimes I find it strange that he never gets jealous when other men express interest in me, and he always makes excuses for why they might be talking to me.

I never act on this unwanted interest and am quick to make clear I have a boyfriend when it happens, but when I tell my boyfriend about such incidents he tends to make excuses for why the man approched me, e.g "he was probably trying to get some money from you" or whatever. He also never gets uneasy about me having male friends and wants me to maintain a strong friendship with them, which is good but I just find it a little too 'unpossessive' from a man who's supposedly into you.

This one time, my boyfriend and I were walking through a dodge area and some dodge guys were eyeing me up as we walked. My boyfriend's reaction to this was "they probably find it weird that we're a mixed couple". It is as if he can't understand that other men might find me a catch.

Is it a bad sign that my boyfriend never gets jealous at all?

Grumpybutfun

It sounds as though your bf understands the universal truth that any man who gets jealous of other men thinks he is lacking as a man.

My wife is stunning and I've never been jealous of other men paying attention to her because I'm confident in my value as a man, and if she desires someone else, I'm better off without her. I would protect her to the grave, but I won't posture with idiots to feed her ego.

He sounds mature. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you equate jealousy with caring and desire?

Best,

G

• Like 4

If he is thinking you want him to get jealous, he is just not giving you the satisfaction. I mean, if you keep bringing it up, he's onto you. That said, he's probably just healthy and secure. Wish I was like that. He knows if the worst happens, he can find someone else because he's secure within himself. Stop testing him on it and just enjoy it. It's rare enough.

• Like 3

As preraf said, he's healthy and secure. Let me also ask you this: what positive outcomes arise from jealousy?

• Like 1

He knows you want him to get jealous...he isn't going to play that game. A BF that gets jealous doesn't give you self worth or value. Work on that yourself.

• Like 3
Gr8fuln2020
I have a great boyfriend whom I have been with for about 7 months. It's just that sometimes I find it strange that he never gets jealous when other men express interest in me, and he always makes excuses for why they might be talking to me.

I never act on this unwanted interest and am quick to make clear I have a boyfriend when it happens, but when I tell my boyfriend about such incidents he tends to make excuses for why the man approched me, e.g "he was probably trying to get some money from you" or whatever. He also never gets uneasy about me having male friends and wants me to maintain a strong friendship with them, which is good but I just find it a little too 'unpossessive' from a man who's supposedly into you.

This one time, my boyfriend and I were walking through a dodge area and some dodge guys were eyeing me up as we walked. My boyfriend's reaction to this was "they probably find it weird that we're a mixed couple". It is as if he can't understand that other men might find me a catch.

Is it a bad sign that my boyfriend never gets jealous at all?

Heckola NO! Your bf is exactly like me!;) It is confidence in himself AND you.

I never get jealous about men showing interest in a woman i am dating. I see it as a compliment honestly. I'm more likely to feel, "I know right?!"

If she were to return the attention then I feel a different emotion and I don't keep her in my life much longer.

So stop with the games already.

• Like 2
Gr8fuln2020
I never get jealous about men showing interest in a woman i am dating. I see it as a compliment honestly. I'm more likely to feel, "I know right?!"

If she were to return the attention then I feel a different emotion and I don't keep her in my life much longer.

YES. Exactly.

I approach dating/relationships with the attitude that I am an awesome catch! I've got my crappola together and have much to offer. If you're dumb enough to flirt back, cheat, YOU LOSE, not ME. Confidence. He also trusts you and recognizes that you are an attractive woman. I do the same thing. It probably makes him feel some satisfaction knowing that other guys are attracted to you. It affirms his own feelings.

• Like 1
If he is thinking you want him to get jealous, he is just not giving you the satisfaction. I mean, if you keep bringing it up, he's onto you. That said, he's probably just healthy and secure. Wish I was like that. He knows if the worst happens, he can find someone else because he's secure within himself. Stop testing him on it and just enjoy it. It's rare enough.

Are you prepared if he played the same game on you ? Don't test. You might find yourself in tons of problems.