Why did he say this to her?

babydoll212

they were together 2 years only been broken up for 8 months. Recently they saw each other and they both got drunk and a friend of mine told me she overheard him talking to his ex. He was drinking alcohol with her and told his ex to her face that he still loves her and is still in love with her and he also told her that he doesn't like me and never even wanted to talk to me and HE HUNG OUT WITH HER THE NEXT DAY AFTER THE FACT? (I did make the first move) He also told her that he didn't want to break up with her.

(They lived together but I guess when they broke up she went out of town but I found out she is moving back very soon and is getting an apartment) She also saw them flirting and she asked him if she could kiss him and he said yes. He also asked her for her mom's number and took her to see his mom and dad. He didn't mention anything about me even though she asked questions but he said nothing about me only that he doesn't like me and never wanted to talk to me. Am I a rebound and is he still really in love with her?

She was flirting also and told him "We have great sex together" and he said I Know. Am I just a rebound? Please be blunt!! (Everything I said is true my friend wouldn't lie)

ChatroomHero

It's obvious he wants to be with her more. That being said, trying to get her back, what would you expect him to say? That he loved you and really enjoyed being with you and you were just as pretty as her? He's not going to say anything complimentary of you to her.

Just accept the fact he still wants to be with her and anything he said about you and having 0 interest in you is not necessarily true, but in the end doesn't really matter.

It's pretty obvious he still loves and wants his ex. It sounds like she wants him too. Yes you were a rebound so as AT 15 said, just bough out gracefully.

• Like 1
they

Who are "they"?

were together 2 years only been broken up for 8 months. Recently they saw each other and they both got drunk and a friend of mine told me she overheard him talking to his ex. He was drinking alcohol with her and told his ex to her face that he still loves her and is still in love with her and he also told her that he doesn't like me and never even wanted to talk to me and HE HUNG OUT WITH HER THE NEXT DAY AFTER THE FACT? (I did make the first move) He also told her that he didn't want to break up with her.

Who/what are you in relation to "they"? How long have you been involved with "they" and what were the circumstances surrounding how you two met?

(They lived together but I guess when they broke up she went out of town but I found out she is moving back very soon and is getting an apartment) She also saw them flirting and she asked him if she could kiss him and he said yes. He also asked her for her mom's number and took her to see his mom and dad. He didn't mention anything about me even though she asked questions but he said nothing about me only that he doesn't like me and never wanted to talk to me. Am I a rebound and is he still really in love with her?

She was flirting also and told him "We have great sex together" and he said I Know. Am I just a rebound? Please be blunt!! (Everything I said is true my friend wouldn't lie)

This is confusing to me. Are you this guy's current girlfriend?

I believe that you are a time marker/place holder for when the above conversation was able to take place. Yes, they are still emotionally involved with one another and it appears that they want to get back together with one another, based off of this second hand, hearsay information that got piped back to you... and yes, your friend could lie/embellish especially if he/she didn't like this guy and wanted to see you two split up.

Reconciliations happen, unfortunately, with people who were never fully resolved within their feelings for the person they broke up with or weren't on-board with the break up, especially if they didn't initiate it.

Moderation merged two threads and advised the thread starter of our policy on retaining topical content to one thread of discussion. Duplicate and off-topic content has been redacted. Please continue!

Rebound or not, he is emotionally unavailable to you, is obviously not over his ex, and he misses her/still in love.

Just confront him about it, then end it amicably.