Is this a breakup worthy situation?

Hi everyone! So I went away this weekend and when I got home last night my boyfriend kept saying that he didn't deserve me and he was a piece of s***, etc. He said he had to tell me something important but he didn't want to wake up his parents by talking on the phone (I'm 19, he's 21 and lives at home). We've been together for almost 2 years now. Well this morning he called me and said that he had left a party with a girl on Friday night and went to her house. They talked a lot and kissed once and he drunkenly passed out there. Then they went out to breakfast and he told her all about me and that they shouldn't ever see each other again. He didn't get her phone number. Now we're trying to decide what to do. This person wasn't relevant to him at all, he said he was just being drunk and stupid. If we stay together things will have to change and he won't be drinking anywhere without me there. I will have a hard time trusting him, which is too bad because I was just starting to trust him (I have had bad relationship experiences). So what does everyone think? Is this a innocent accident or is this a red flag that next time he could do worse? I feel hurt but able to forgive...this all seems like a stupid drunken mistake.