why does he try to make me jealous??

Hey everyone, question for you. My boyfriend and I, we are both 21, is always trying to make me jealous!!! He does it on purpose and he admits it and it makes me so angry. He'll constantly say things like....all these other chicks want me, but all i want is you...or he'll say i'm sexy as hell and i want all eyes on me and i'm so sick of it. I finally said to him, why do u mention this to me I never do this to you!!! He finally said..its because "it shows you know what you have and you like it..and u want no one else to have it...then said he was sorry I just don't want to lose you i guess..." the point is I never mention guys to him to make him jealous!

Does anyone out there do this or have significant others who do this to them? Why? Is it because he has insecurity issues? I just hate the fact that he'll say to me "lotsa chicks want to f*** my brains out...i tell you this because its true..." why does he do this to me?? It's makin me feel uneasy with him!! We love each other, been together for years and plan on having a future together.

I think he says this to you to make himself feel better.

Sounds like he has some insecurity issues and maybe if you think all these girls out there want him you won't leave him (not that you were even thinking about that kind of thing)...

Or maybe he doesn't feel like you think he's a hottie (but I'm sure you do) so by telling you that all these girls want him, he can coerce you into thinking he's hot...

Or maybe he is a pig-headed idiot who thinks so highly of himself that he can't help but bust at the seams about how many people in the world would give anything to just smell his sweat...

Whatever the case is I'm sure you care about him & he cares for you so sit him down and talk about it. Nothing like a good heart to heart chat to make things all warm and fuzzy again.

Insecurity issues.... plain and simple. If you look at someone who is confident in themselves you will see no need to put anyone else in a situation like that. He doesn't want you to leave, that part is true, but he is also pushing you away without knowing it.

In my books, disrespecting you and the relationship at the same time is a recipe for hurt and regret and moving on.

He's been with you for so long but he likes to feel as if he still has it.

And he wants to throw in your face how many girls want him so that you value him more.

I see what he wants to do but hes doing it in a lousy way.

Interesting..all of your respones and I completely agree with all of you. Yes, I told him that it bothers me the it says that he doesn't know because I don't speak up..? Right , like i want him to talk about other girls...guys can be such idiots seriously I can't stand it....I love him so much and it gets to me..sometimes I feel that I am too nice, he knows this, and can walk all over me...so you think I will end up regretting it? I have heard this from all my fam and friends..they all think he's an ass....oh well...i don't know how to leave..? it will hurt too much and he just doesn't get it. He's always telling me that I need to prove my love to him and show that I care and all....then he says I pick my friends over him and I should think of the long rung because he'll be there for me and not my friends....what should i do?

Well, what your family thinks isn't that important (even if you hold them in high reguards) it is you that has to be with him. I will tell you what. When I was in a relationship sometime ago, the girl I was with would get upset if I would even talk about any female friends I had. She would also ask me stuff about other girls like if I liked their butt, or there legs. I would say yes or no, because if she said she thought some guy had a good butt, that is fine he may just have. I would jokingly say things about females and stuff. It would get her pissed or mad. But I did it for that reason, then I asked her why she is getting mad and she just doesn't like to think about me with some other girl. Which I don't think anyone does. I stopped however. I never meant it as a tool to put her down or make myself feel better.

When I said those things I would hold her and tell her I was joking and cuddle with her. Told her that she is the only thing I think about.

Just be honest with the guy, if it hurts, then be completely honest. If he doesn't stop or try (it wont happen overnight) then end it.

I want to thank you for your comment, I know that guys just do it sometimes to get a reaction. However, I talKed to him and he started acting strange towards me, saying now he doesn't consider us bf/gf yet because he needs time to "party" and in time he wants us to be together. Then he says to me we should call off the sex so i don't get confused and think we're dating again?????????????? After he tells me he loves me, wants to be together in the future, marriage, talks of kids...then he says i want to be able to do what i want, or not do what i don't want to do...so i'm like fine then we're friends...then i tell him that its not fair to me for him to lead me on then he says fine then leave me walk out ...i'm like damn, u just said u don't want me to be your bf however i could leave u?? this doesn't make sense. then he says if i do stupid **** then don't count on him to be there for me since i'd suffer the consequences?? What in the world does this mean??? help i am so confused my mind it goin crazy.

Oh the best part is he says i do stupid **** and he's not going to put up with me anymore and if i do one more thing then it's over between us and he's leaving the states....what ???? I don't even do anything to him..it makes me so sad...then he says that he was happier when he wasn't with me, he was so full of life and tells me to ask anyone...why is he trying to hurt me like this if he really loves me?? all i do is love him..?