Her friend is making me crazy...

Okay, here goes..

I need some quick advice because I am planning on dealing with this problem tonight. I have been with my girlfriend for about 3 1/2 years now.. 2 of which we were both in high school together.. So you get the idea.. when you are in the public education system, 1 year feels like two. I was a year ahead of her. During the year that I was not in school, I took a total back seat to all of her friends.. I am not the jelous type or the controlling type. I am not going to tell her she has to spend time with me... I would just get really disappointed when she would always pick her friends over me.. During summer, things reached a terrible peak.. She wound up cheating on me and blah blah blah... after that happened, things started to pick up.. I mean, everything was going great and we were back on our original plan to get the hell out of our smelly redneck town together.. Neither of us are college material so there is really nothing to wait around for. Her friend however, is a complete basket cast. She insists that she has all of my girlfriend's attention... ALL the time..Yesterday was the last straw... it was valentine's day and I got ditched out on and all I got for reasoning was, "Well, we could hang out for a little while, but I kinda already have plans".. This didn't start until her friend learned that we were moving in April. Upon learning that we would be leaving, she threatened suicide if my girlfriend left. I could go on forever about how messed up this girl is, but I would be here for the rest of my life. After spending some time with her, it is easy to see that she is in a terrible state of arrested development, and she is hellbent on making my girlfriend think being in a state of arrested development is the only way to proctect yourself from real life.. I mean, honestly... this girl thinks that she is still five years old and she hasn't moved on past high school. It has rubbed off on my girlfriend quite a bit. And now, things are back to the way they were her senior year of high school... I am taking a back seat all the time and tonight I am going to find out what the hell I should do.. I mean, take what I have just told you, and add months of same nonsense.. In the context of one or two incidents, I know how hard it is to see how drastic the situation is. I want to make it clear that it has been going on for too damn long now. How would you guys bring this up? I don't want to break up with her, but everyone around me can see that it is heading to that point in a very brisk, an irreversable fashion. I just don't know what to do or say to get through to her anymore and I would like some parting wisdom before I go off to battle.

Thanks a lot,

-Dave

you need to tell her that you are tired of taking the back seat and you deserve more attention. IF she doesnt agree. break up with her. There are other girs who want the same things out of a relationship as you so why be with someone who doesnt.