Guys over 5'10" ...

A study was conducted (probably by Tinder or Ashley Madison lol) and found guys over 5'10" are more likely to cheat.

Short is the new tall! I'm only going for the short guys from now on.

Share this data with the women on OLD guys:)

Do you think the study was a double blind one?

• Like 4
A study was conducted (probably by Tinder or Ashley Madison lol) and found guys over 5'10" are more likely to cheat.

Short is the new tall! I'm only going for the short guys from now on.

Share this data with the women on OLD guys:)

Do you think the study was a double blind one?

Although imo 90% of men cheat, I have to agree with this study.

• Author
It probably helps that women generally like taller guys. It's hard to cheat if you don't get any offers. :D

Guess I'll be the only one in line then:)

My ex was 6'3" ... Been there done that. I don't need a tall guy. I'd rather be with someone who's true blue.

• Like 1

My ex-husband 5'7'' didn't cheat during our 15 years together. My common-law partner following was 6'4'' and he was a big cheater.

I think you're on to something.

Correlation does not mean causation.

So what factors do we think led to this correlation? Do short men have less opportunity?

(I do think a lot of "whys" regarding cheating have to do with opportunity)

• Like 2

My younger brother is 6ft 3". I've never seen him have a girlfriend but I don't think he'd cheat.

I'm convinced tonnes of men cheat or want to. I've experienced married or otherwise attached men hit on me enough times before, and I've not been encouraging it.

6'2'' and have never cheated. False syllogism at its finest.

As a big data analyst, I would need to see the numbers to run any type of inference of my own...but I question their assumptions based on the height curve, who was on there to actually cheat (as opposed to looking for an easy partner), and even how they define 'cheating' in this context.

Oh well. It's worth a laugh I guess. I know a lot of guys 5'10'' and under that cheat as well.

• Like 3
  • Author
6'2'' and have never cheated. False syllogism at its finest.

As a big data analyst, I would need to see the numbers to run any type of inference of my own...but I question their assumptions based on the height curve, who was on there to actually cheat (as opposed to looking for an easy partner), and even how they define 'cheating' in this context.

Oh well. It's worth a laugh I guess. I know a lot of guys 5'10'' and under that cheat as well.

You do?! Who's there left to date then :(

• Author
You do?! Who's there left to date then :(

Jk ... I don't know if there's any merit to the study. Heard about it on the radio today and only found the link I posted.

Here ya go

Infidelity: What Makes Him Twice As Likely To Cheat On You | YourTango

Why do you find it silly ... have you cheated?

I find it silly because I don't get what height has to do with cheating. I have had countless opportunities to cheat for as long as I can remember, but did not. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for this "study" if it makes taller women more interested in me, but I wouldn't put money on this. I'll check out the article, though. Maybe it will change my mind.

• Like 1

Ok, yeah I just checked that link, and all it did was link the "study" to the homepage of another website... no real info there.

Jk ... I don't know if there's any merit to the study. Heard about it on the radio today and only found the link I posted.

Maybe it was a radio add mentioned conversationally by the DJ for money.

6' and never cheated. Nice try.

Id say... Handsome men regardless of their height are getting more attention and are more likely to cheat. A 6'4 ugly as sin will lack occasions.

• Like 1
TunaInTheBrine
It's hard to cheat if you don't get any offers. :D

Not true. I'm 5'6" and I have gotten laid more than anyone I know. I am confident that I can get laid almost anytime I want to, and I do get offers. If you know how to talk to women, make them feel safe, and are reasonably attractive, you can bed almost any as many women as you want.

Having said that, I've never cheated and don't think I ever would. Is it because I'm a male who is short? Yes, that has something to do with it. That part is right. But it is not correct that I wouldn't cheat because I don't get any offers. Let me explain...

Being a male who is short, you have to work harder at everything else in life and continuously prove yourself, moreso I think than men who are taller and are 'looked up to' with more regularity - people who get more things handed to them because of their height. I have a male colleague of mine who got promoted to a leadership position a year ago. He is the most disorganized person I have ever met in my life and is not very skilled in his job, nor the most ethical person I know, but he is the tallest male at our company by far and is very outgoing and attractive, so they handed him the job. To contrast, I have become a nationally recognized figure in my profession and have demonstrated a kind of excellence unheard of in my workplace. I mean, I am doing things that even the CEO at my company hasn't done in terms of stature and recognition. I was never offered a promotion at my workplace. In fact, some people didn't take me seriously at all. I wound up carving my own path and starting my own business, and continue to gain recognition in my field. This is just to give you an example of height discrimination, how real it is, and how men who are short experience life differently than men who get things handed to them. Because I know what hard work means, I value that much more what success means. I am very successful in my career as a result, and can be very successful in a relationship with the right woman. I don't take the good things in life for granted. I know things aren't handed to me. I want to keep the success I earn, including in love. It's not because I'm short; it's because I worked for it and I value it.

So, yeah, I do get offers to get laid, and I do take them sometimes when I'm single. Other times I know I'll get attached or am taking a break, and so I say no. But I would never cheat on my girl. In some ways, men who are below average height like me can and do stand taller on this earth than those men whose height is supposedly "greater".

Edited by TunaInTheBrine
  • Like 1

Jeez my comment was a joke. No need for a life story.

Tall guys don't get things handed to them lol. But you don't have to search very far on here to find a post full of women saying they prefer taller guys or at least guys taller than they are.