I fancy my boss, I think she fancies me too.

itsallnewtome

Hi guys so I just wanted to know your opinions on this situation I find myself in. I'm pretty sure my manager at work (who is married) has the hots for me, and I fancy the damn pants off of her. I'm going to list the reasons I think she does and I want people to offer their opinion on whether they agree she fancies me or not.

I'm 21 , she's around 27. She's good looking and I can tell that beneath her awful work clothes she has a fit body to boot. I'm a lot taller than her , she has to look up to me when we speak.

I've heard from a couple people that she likes me ;

one manager told me that I'm "in her good books"

another told me that she said she has a "soft spot" for me, and thus doesn't like telling me off . I was trying to get a transfer to another site of the company and she told the same manager she didn't want me to leave.

now all that ^^^ doesn't point to more than friendliness just yet but...

we make a lot of eye contact when we speak. Like if the same amount of eye contact was being had with a dude, I would feel uncomfortable.

When we speak she will often break out into one of those genuine "I like you" smiles and hold my eye, not just a colleague to colleague polite kind of smile.

I get special treatment, she goes out of her way to help me. On one particular holiday I wanted to take three days off to visit a friend up country. It happened to be one of the busiest weekends of the year. I could only find cover for two out of three days , and she just dropped me from the schedule for the last remaining day, no cover needed.

I couldn't believe she just let me skip work completely , I've never heard of her doing that for anyone, let alone during a time where she needed every possible worker on the team.

that is a big sign to me.

she lets me get away with being late.

Recently when she's been leaving work and she's passed me on her way out , a few times we've looked at eachother and she doesn't say anything, just holds my eye for about 3 seconds, and has this slight smile on her face as she slowly passes.

If this kind of attention is purely platonic I'll be damned, hah!

Obviously, nothing can happen between us if she does feel the same as she's MARRIED and my BOSS , but it is nice having this lil fantasy . also having a manager that really likes me is great, because perks.

Your last paragraph saved you from a lecture. The only thing stupider then dating your boss is dating your married boss. Talk about career suicide. Enjoy your fantasy but don't act on it. Avoid the temptation to use her favoritism to your advantage or your other co-workers will come to resent you & work will become a very lonely unhappy place for you.

• Author
itsallnewtome
Are you asking any questions at all?

did you read my post at all...?

first paragraph .

"I want people to give their opinions on whether they agree she fancies me or not."

• Author
itsallnewtome
So uh, what is your question / reason for this thread?

second person who's commented the same thing , though in the first paragraph I said " I want people to offer their opinion on whether she fancies me or not."

I'm asking because I think it's interesting that my boss could potentially fancy me, it hasn't happened before. Even if I know nothing will happen, I'm still curious about it.

"I want people to give their opinions on whether they agree she fancies me or not."

In a social context that level of eye contact among relative strangers is an indication of interest. At work, you could just be the most productive employee she has & she is aware that if you move to another department her stats go down. From what you have described, alone, the eye contact, smiles & you being on her good list, it's equivocal at best. Because she is your supervisor, I implore you to do nothing except perhaps enjoy the fantasy. Even if she thinks you are attractive, visual lust alone is not an indication that she is ready to throw away her marriage on you.

Back off. Put your head down & do your job, nothing more.