ls she just shy or not interested?

I met a girl at a camp setting. We're here for a week and then go back to our seperate cities far away from one another.

she never initiates a conversation or even looks at me when passing by me and tends to keep to herself, even going as far as saying she doesnt have a best friend, just friends. but if i initiate a conversation, she can talk with me alone for hours on end about deep stuff, especially at night under the stars...

Is she shy but potentially interested in me or is she just being friendly?

So hard to read her! Argh!

I met a girl at a camp setting. We're here for a week and then go back to our seperate cities far away from one another.

she never initiates a conversation or even looks at me when passing by me and tends to keep to herself, even going as far as saying she doesnt have a best friend, just friends. but if i initiate a conversation, she can talk with me alone for hours on end about deep stuff, especially at night under the stars...

Well yeah, it could be either way.

Possibly ask her whether she'd be interested in grabbing a few drinks one night. If she says no and gives a BS excuse, she's justb eing friendly.

Next night you are talking under the stars be a man and start making the moves on her like holding her hand or putting your arm around her.

It's possible she likes you. You should make a move :)