Could this be proof he isn't lying?

Hi,

I am asking this not for myself but out of concern for a friend who is dating a married man. From others experiences I would love to hear your opinion.

They met at the beginning of the year through Tinder. He gave her also a fake facebook profile which months later he admitted was fake coz nobody knows his or his wife's situation.

He told her the classic story that he is getting a divorce at the end of the year in December coz his wife doesn't want a divorce and is making it difficult (so how does he know that in December it will be fine?).

Also, he went with his family overseas to visit their family (told my friend most times they weren't together).

Now, he told her that he wants to move out and is looking for a place. A few days later my friend heard about an apartment for rent and told him so he told her that when he will start looking he will look into it.

He also told her that they finally told the children that they are getting a divorce. My friend's psychologist says that this is a sign that he is telling the truth as otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned the children.

Do you think that this is true coz he wouldn't have mentioned the kids otherwise?

Also, i find it strange that she had to practically force him to give her his number about 2 months ago as they communicate and still do through messenger under his fake facebook profile.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs and move to CFJ
Grapesofwrath

Not sure where your friend's therapist got the idea that mentioning the children lends credibility to his story.

My opinion: He is lying. He has lied. He continues to lie. He will lie. He's a liar.

• Like 7
  • Author

therapist esp. since instead of building my friend's self esteem and telling her she is better off being by herself than with a married man she tells her to stay with him until she finds someone else!!! WTF!!!!

I don't have experience with this but common sense tells me he is like you said a liar. But I thought maybe if the therapist says that he is credible coz of the kids than maybe what do i know.

• Like 3

How could he know the divorce will be final in December? If they've filed, a day in December might be their final court date and when the divorce becomes official.

The key there is IF they've already filed and are nearing the end of the process.

Did he claim they told the kids or is there some proof the kids were told?

If there are no papers filed and if there is no proof the kids were told, I would think he's lying.

The therapist sounds like a joke.

It's possible he is telling the truth. Divorce is a touchy thing to deal with. He isn't going to let his wife know about "the other woman" as not make this things more difficult....so he is going to keep the communication between him and your friend under wraps until the divorce is finished in the courts.

If your friend is having doubts, she can back off and wait till there is proof the divorce is final.

BTW if your friend is seeing a therapist, it's not working for her. She is still making poor life choices. I really can't imagine a therapist would say those things....I wouldn't question the credibility of this therapist, I would question the credibility of what is coming out of your friend's mouth.....I think she has bigger issues and is a compulsive liar.

• Like 2
BTW if your friend is seeing a therapist, it's not working for her. She is still making poor life choices. I really can't imagine a therapist would say those things....I wouldn't question the credibility of this therapist, I would question the credibility of what is coming out of your friend's mouth.....I think she has bigger issues and is a compulsive liar.

I thought the same thing. Im reading it and in my mind saying this lady is lying lol

Edited by Keke1
He also told her that they finally told the children that they are getting a divorce. My friend's psychologist says that this is a sign that he is telling the truth as otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned the children.

LOL...yet another quack 'therapist.' Where did this one get their license to practice - Walmart?

This guy is about the biggest lying sack of sh*t on the planet. He's told your friend literally EVERY standard lie of the married man.

What a snake. And your friend is actually foolish enough to fall for this dog and pony show he's been putting on?

Don't be surprised when he suddenly claims he 'can't' leave in December because his wife - or one of his kids - has come down down with a serious and possibly fatal 'medical' issue. Or, he'll use the other over-used lie about his wife threatening suicide and he's afraid to leave. Not to worry - more lies are forthcoming to keep him at home where he's never intended to leave. What a loser.

This guy is an embarrassment to his gender.